Gload

Heads22

I'm certainly not burying Frank Thomas just yet

I don't think many of us are. He has been drawing enough walks to be very solid this season. The amazing thing is that Frank's obp of .451 is only beaten by Gload's .529. Gotta love depth!

As well as Gload's done, although I know it is early, maybe it sucks that we can get stuck with Thomas for $8 mil next year.  Maybe we should rip up his contract like he wants.

This guy is a supposed superior defensive first baseman who can really pick the ball. He might end up replacing PK at some point. He is considered short for a first baseman, which has kept him from being a full time starter elsewhere. However, I don't think that is going to be as much of a problem as some think. With that said, I have no qualms about hanging to PK, although if his contract becomes a concern, Gload seems to be a good consideration to replace him. Good amount of speed for a first baseman too.

As far as replacing Frank, as of now, I don't even consider that an option. Frank in the lineup is still very intimidating along with our other 3 ball crunchers. His experience is also invaluable as well. I agree that Gload's depth is valuable to us (a ton more than Daubach), but by far, he has not earned a spot to replace Frank. I've liked Gload ever since I saw the likes of him in ST. The balls he "Consistently" hit were not cheap shots. Add, a lefty bat along with it, and this guy is a keeper. Anybody know any background on this guy? Age? Was he with another club before? Does he have any other major league experience in the past?

Height: 6-0

Weight: 185 lbs.

Bats: Left

Throws: Left

Pos: LF

Born: April 4, 1976, Brooklyn, NY, United States

Full Name: Ross Peter Gload

College: S Florida

Experience: 3 years

2004 Salary: $302,000

2000 is was with the Cubs and 2002 he was with the Rockies. My guess is he came here in that Sandy Alomar trade? I dunno what happened to 2001 and 2003 though..

Gload is a huge improvement over Daubach, who is the guy he replaced.

cheaper.

more versatile.

I'd like to see him at first base a little more. they say he can really field.

Gload isn't going to replace the Big Hurt, but it's nice to see someone we can count on as a sub for a corner OF'er, at 1B or DH. He is a real gem. Having that strong bench and role players is what brings championships.

Uribe-Perez-Gload

Height: 6-0

Weight:  185 lbs.

Bats:  Left

Throws: Left

Pos:  LF

Born: April 4, 1976, Brooklyn, NY, United States

Full Name: Ross Peter Gload

College: S Florida

Experience: 3 years

2004 Salary: $302,000

2000 is was with the Cubs and 2002 he was with the Rockies. My guess is he came here in that Sandy Alomar trade? I dunno what happened to 2001 and 2003 though..

It should be on my Future Sox Position Player preview article, I think we traded him for Wade Parrish. We got Pacheco for Sandy Alomar Jr.