Politte.....

SoxFan562004

I think Cliff has been outstanding this year, the only "bad" outing he had was opening day, but Ozzie will probably take the blame for keeping him in so long.

I really enjoy watching him pitch, he just rears back and throws 95-97. :headbang I think if Shingo can pitch consistently they will be a great contrast in styles coming out of the bull-pen.

Hopefully he can be this years Tom Gordon for KW.... also, Adkins has kicked some ass as well! If we can get Botch somewhat straightned out the bull-pen can be a real strength

I think Cliff has been outstanding this year, the only "bad" outing he had was opening day, but Ozzie will probably take the blame for keeping him in so long. 

I really enjoy watching him pitch, he just rears back and throws 95-97.  :headbang  I think if Shingo can pitch consistently they will be a great contrast in styles coming out of the bull-pen.

Hopefully he can be this years Tom Gordon for KW.... also, Adkins has kicked some ass as well!  If we can get Botch somewhat straightned out the bull-pen can be a real strength

It looks to me like the only glaring weak spot in the lineup is Botch. Aside from that we've got a couple of pretty good hurlers coming outta there.

Maybe they can have Marte close with Politte setting him up?

If Ozzie is smart he will realize that Marte is too valuable to pigeonhole into the 9th inning. Jerry at least figured that out. You never know if the key lefties are going to hit in the 7th, 8th or 9th inning. You need Marte whereever they are.

Man, if only Shingo gets going with that slider.....lights out -- his moving fastball is migh faster than it looks after a a slider/curve in the 70's and change in the 60's.

Right now he is nibbling too much -- Gary Sheffield looked uncomfortablke against him and yet Shingo was scared s***less to pitch to him.

If Ozzie is smart he will realize that Marte is too valuable to pigeonhole into the 9th inning.  Jerry at least figured that out.  You never know if the key lefties are going to hit in the 7th, 8th or 9th inning.  You need Marte whereever they are.

Speaking of which, why are Sox stretching Munoz into starting?

His curve is great and all, but his fstball won't exceed 90 as a SP, and I am not even sure how effective his third pitch is.

Good idea?

Speaking of which, why are Sox stretching Munoz into starting?

His curve is great and all, but his fstball won't exceed 90 as a SP, and I am not even sure how effective his third pitch is.

Good idea?

So far its looking good. He's been pitching the heck out of the ball. I think the big reason they are doing it is because they want Munoz to harness his other pitches and if he's in the pen he's going to be curve ball reliant and the other pitches won't develop as much.

I still think his future is in the pen, but the Sox are wanting him to develop other stuff, so he can be a more dominant reliever.

He's a good ball player. The Blue Jay fan that writes at WSC told me the Sox picked up a hell of a player, and so far he's right. He'll have a different role here in Chicago, and different things will be expected of him--thing he can do--and he should develop into one filthy reliever for them.

I would have to agree. Im very pleased with are pen. Get rid of Koch any way possible, make Pollite are closer, and bring back Kelly.

Politte struggles in the closer role. His last year in Toronto proves it. He's a Hawkins type guy. Nasty out of the set up, awful as the closer. I love Damaso in the closer role, and his ability gives us no reason not to put him in there.