Sun-Times Need To Get Their Facts Straight

bjm676

From Thursday's paper...

Error #1

[schoeneweis hadn't won as a starter since June 20, 2002, when he pitched for the St. Louis Cardinals.]

I thought we acquired him from the Angels?

Error #2

[Five have played for the team: manager Ozzie Guillen, bench coach Harold Baines, hitting coach Greg Walker, first-base coach Rafael Santana and third-base coach Joey Cora.]

When did Rafael Santana play for the Sox?

Not to mention that they think Esteban Loaiza is a left-hander. Do they need a fact checker or do they just don't care.

Anyone else notice this?

I noticed the St. Louis Cardinals flub right away, and I was extremely confused. I just thought that maybe the Suntimes knew something I didn't...

I overlooked the Santana thing until you mentioned it...obviously they meant Art Kusyner, and you know Kusyner and Santana do look a lot alike :rolleyes:

So yeah looks like the Sun Times needs a fact checker, you up for the job?? :D

I noticed the St. Louis Cardinals flub right away, and I was extremely confused.  I just thought that maybe the Suntimes knew something I didn't...

I overlooked the Santana thing until you mentioned it...obviously they meant Art Kusyner, and you know Kusyner and Santana do look a lot alike  :rolleyes:

So yeah looks like the Sun Times needs a fact checker, you up for the job??  :D

First off, welcome aboard POTUS. :headbang I usually don't welcome new posters, but since you're from Palos Heights I had to make an exception. :cheers

Back to the story, were the two errors you listed (robinventura) in the same article? I don't have yesterdays article in front of me, but its unusual for any newspaper to report false facts within their Sports articles.

First off, welcome aboard POTUS.  :headbang I usually don't welcome new posters, but since you're from Palos Heights I had to make an exception. :cheers

Back to the story, were the two errors you listed (robinventura) in the same article? I don't have yesterdays article in front of me, but its unusual for any newspaper to report false facts within their Sports articles.

Thanks for the welcome, Flash! Yeah, Palos Heights! Woo! :D

Also, here's a link to the article with the mistakes. Yep, they were both in the same article.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-toni22.html

From Thursday's paper...

Error #1

[schoeneweis hadn't won as a starter since June 20, 2002, when he pitched for the St. Louis Cardinals.]

Error #2

[Five have played for the team: manager Ozzie Guillen, bench coach Harold Baines, hitting coach Greg Walker, first-base coach Rafael Santana and third-base coach Joey Cora.]

Not to mention that they think Esteban Loaiza is a left-hander.  Do they need a fact checker or do they just don't care. 

Anyone else notice this?

Thank you for posting this, I meant to write this up. De Luca is the supposed baseball expert and he thought Loiza was a lefty. That paper is enough to make me sick.

I've been reading the Sun Times on line for about 5 years and they constatly make mistakes. Spring Training of '03 they kept calling Rauch a left hander. I've seen them write that the DH has made plays in the field, etc. I e-mailed them once and asked if they actually attend the games. No response of course. :headshake

I've been reading the Sun Times on line for about 5 years and they constatly make mistakes.  Spring Training of '03 they kept calling Rauch a left hander. I've seen them write that the DH has made plays in the field, etc. I e-mailed them once and asked if they actually attend the games. No response of course. :headshake

Let me be the first to Welcome you to Soxtalk!! :headbang :cheers :cheers :)

The reason the Sun-Times' layout is like a magazine is so it's easier to read while on the toilet.  Then if you happen to be out of TP, you can use the paper for it's real purpose.

:lol:

Makes sense; that could be the only explanation why Jay Mariotti's column is given an entire page on the back cover.

Let me be the first to Welcome you to Soxtalk!! :headbang  :cheers  :cheers  :)

Thanks for the welcome. I've been reading this board the past couple of seasons. It's definitely the best and most possitive Sox board I've found. Many good posters. :drink

Jeez Louise guys, don't you all remember that the only important fact is the attendance figure for the game and anything else is trivial and irrelevant. Now quit acting like a bunch of know nothing Cub fans and get back with the fricken program!!!

Now, did they get get the attendance right? Was it compared to the Cub attendance to show who won? What more do you need!! Sheeesh!

I've been reading the Sun Times on line for about 5 years and they constatly make mistakes.  Spring Training of '03 they kept calling Rauch a left hander. I've seen them write that the DH has made plays in the field, etc. I e-mailed them once and asked if they actually attend the games. No response of course. :headshake

welcome to soxtalk! :cheers :cheers

From Thursday's paper...

Error #1

Error #2

Not to mention that they think Esteban Loaiza is a left-hander.  Do they need a fact checker or do they just don't care. 

Anyone else notice this?

Ironic too, didnt he have a win this season too?