Dreaming a Bit

Chisoxfn

Guest hotsoxchick1
But what if the Sox could acquire Giles.  How sweet would that be.

I'm thinking Rauch, Lee, and a prospect for Giles.  I'd do it, Pittsburgh probably wouldn't, but I'm just dreaming. 

Just throwing it out there for those that think we are weak in center.

didnt we try this giles thing once before? i think kw got shot down then and im sure he would get shot down again... of course its pitts.. most likely will cost us at least three pitchers......... :o

I'm pretty sure Giles has that trade clause that allows the Pirates to only trade him to like 6 teams without his consent....and we aren't one of those 6 teams.

However.....I'd like Giles...but we'd need to give them more than just Rauch, Lee and a prospect......probably need to give them Malone and a prospect or two....because Giles is their only real offensive threat...without Giles, the Buccos are a horrendous team....probably the worst in the league.

Giles is probably untouchable....but imagining having him is nice. Regardless...we won't get him....

Maybe Rauch, Lee, Malone, and Holt/Valenzuela, along with cash.....I'm not sure I want to give up that for Giles.

That would be wonderful.  If only we'd gotten him when he was nobody on the Indians.  Who'd they get him for, by the way?

I assume it involved Ricardo Rincon going from Pittsburgh to Cleveland...but that's a guess

Regardless....the Indians wouldn't have traded within the division.

They also traded away Jeromy Burnitz in their little run....if it matters.

That would be wonderful.  If only we'd gotten him when he was nobody on the Indians.  Who'd they get him for, by the way?

I assume it involved Ricardo Rincon going from Pittsburgh to Cleveland...but that's a guess

Regardless....the Indians wouldn't have traded within the division.

They also traded away Jeromy Burnitz in their little run....if it matters.

As well as Ritchie Sexson.

Oh ya, I know I'm dreaming. Also, the Sox couldn't get the deal done before because of Giles no trade clause, or at least thats how I always understood it.

Either way, I don't think there is anyone out there that would be a better fit for center. Well, I ain't going to complain about JR not being able to make this one happen. I'm so happy as it is.

Guest hotsoxchick1
exactly.. i say give rowand a chance first.. he may surprise ya......

I think Rowand could turn into a big time surprise player, mainly because everyone is counting him out and I do think he has some talent.

jas mark this day down.. i couldnt agree with ya more....... :D

brian giles OPS is 101 points higher than magglio's...this guys numbers over the last 4 seasons are some of the best in baseball....to get him it would take magglio or buehrle in a deal...not gonnna happen...we dont have to give up what pittsburgh needs or wants for giles..id love to get brian but i dont see it ever happening

brian giles OPS is 101 points higher than magglio's...this guys numbers over the last 4 seasons are some of the best in baseball....to get him it would take magglio or buehrle in a deal...not gonnna happen...we dont have to give up what pittsburgh needs or wants for giles..id love to get brian but i dont see it ever happening

At that price, it better not happen.