Mark B. #1 or #2?

whitesox6376

Guest hotsoxchick1

if i had it my way he would always be #1 he kept us afloat.. its his team.. i dont see how bringing on colon should change that fact... nor change all the hard work and dedication that mark has given us............

Whats up?

Welcome Aboard. Right now it looks like he'll be #2 with Rogers as the#5 (Maybe). The Sox want to split the lefties apart.

Of course thats if they sign Rogers, which I'm hoping.

Colon will be starting opening day, I think.

Assuming we get Rogers, it will be.....

1. Colon

2. Buehrle

3. Garland

4. Rogers (if signed)

5. Wright or Rauch

As of right now, it will be

1. Colon

2. Buehrle

3. Garland

4. Wright

5. Rauch (I assume this)

What it should be as of right now

1. Buehrle

2. Colon

3. Garland

4. Wright

5. Rauch (again, an assumption)

what it should be looks alot better than what it will be............isnt that always the way??????

With the White Sox....yes.

However, I think Buehrle will benefit from being in the #2 role....because now Colon's high 90s fastball will make Buehrle's 92 MPH fastball look even slower, and his changeup even better than that. Then again, I could see Colon benefitting from being in the #2 spot as well....following Buehrle's 88-92 s***, his 98-100 MPH fastball will look like 100+ MPH....or so I hope.

what it should be looks alot better than what it will be............isnt that always the way??????

With the White Sox....yes.

However, I think Buehrle will benefit from being in the #2 role....because now Colon's high 90s fastball will make Buehrle's 92 MPH fastball look even slower, and his changeup even better than that. Then again, I could see Colon benefitting from being in the #2 spot as well....following Buehrle's 88-92 s***, his 98-100 MPH fastball will look like 100+ MPH....or so I hope.

Of course, if things go right, they'll be seeing Colon's hard stuff, then Buerhle's soft stuff and change. Then you get Garland coming from the right side with nasty sinking action. Then you get a power pitcher in Wright, then to Rogers who is a soft tosser, then back to Colon and heat.

That rotation is one of the few that I can think of that has guys that can throw innings, but every guy compliments eachother so well, or at least I think they do.

Having a rotation like that makes it one of the tougher, though not necessarily better, ones in the league.

The nice thing is is the fact that if the playoffs started tomorrow, you couldn't have 1 set lineup....because it would get dominated....kind of like the Angels last year(though I hate to use that comparison...because we as Sox fans always do)....they'd have a chance against Colon....but they'd either have to change lineups and use cold bats against Buehrle, or they'd have to use hot bats against him and risk struggling to the change of speed thing.

Power-finesse-mix-power-finesse....and it just keeps going on like that as well.....both the finesse guys are lefties....both power guys are righties...and Garland is a righty as well. And, if necessary, Rauch or Diaz could fill in for Wright or Colon, Loaiza or Heredia could replace Garland, and Stewart or Porzio could replace Buehrle or Rogers....this is, assuming they got hurt. I don't want a rotation of Diaz, Stewart, Loaiza, Porzio, and Diaz....but they are suitable replacements.

Whats up?

Eh, a lot acttually. I've been haqving a really rough go of it lately. Family problems, G/F dumped me, best friend is moving away, and I'm probably getting fired tommrrow.

Oh wait.. you mean What's up about Buehrle....

Well, I can see pros and Cons to Both

#1 - Good, because we'd like to please him, and keep him from the Cards.

#2 - Colon is the vet, and he did better last season.

Sooo depends if Mark sees being #2 is a put down or not...

- Pete :(

This topic has been discussed and kicked around so much, but really, when it comes down to it, it just doesn't matter. Stack up the rotation that works best for the ballclub and go with it. There should be no controversy on this issue. Hell, it shouldn't be an issue.

Jim....here's my question.

Say a team has a guy like Jose Valentin in the middle of their lineup....he is a huge hitter from the left-side of the plate(in other words, he hits RHP very well)....but he hits terrible right-handed(he hits LHP very poorly)....and this guy has been on fire. The Sox pitch Colon in game one - the outcome doesn't matter - and they throw Buehrle in game 2. You then have two choices...do you

a ) put the hitter in the lineup and take a risk OR

b ) take the hitter out and put someone possibly worse than he is in the lineup

Also.....some hitters do hit fastball pitchers better than they do junkballers....and these same hitters sometimes hit righties better than lefties. You don't think that can have an effect on them?

Getting changed around like that can mess up a team.

Some of you guys sound like Cub fans in drag.  I mean, do you really think it confuses major league hitters if you have Colon throwing one day and Buehrle the next?  Don't you think they can adjust overnight?  Or maybe change their lineup?

No, it doesn't "confuse" major league hitters. But still, if they see 3 righthanded fireballers in row, they won't have to adjust to anything. You just want to give them different looks to keep them from getting TOO comfortable.

Jim....here's my question.

Say a team has a guy like Jose Valentin in the middle of their lineup....he is a huge hitter from the left-side of the plate(in other words, he hits RHP very well)....but he hits terrible right-handed(he hits LHP very poorly)....and this guy has been on fire.  The Sox pitch Colon in game one - the outcome doesn't matter - and they throw Buehrle in game 2.  You then have two choices...do you

a ) put the hitter in the lineup and take a risk OR

b ) take the hitter out and put someone possibly worse than he is in the lineup

thats easy..you stick jose on SS, bat him 2nd and leave him there...and tell him to do whatever it takes to put t his team in a position to win..somehow..whether with the glove , bat ,baserunning , bunting ,productive out ,whatever , jose will find a way to get it done