Kelley Wunsch Rumor?

T R U

The talk show rumor is Kelly was going to be in a late spring training deal, but the deal was quashed when somebody (read Kelly himself), said he was injured. The Sox brass got PO'd and now Kelly is out there for the highest taker. He's only pitching in AAA to show he's not hurt. Unfortunately in one complete inning at Charlotte, he's given up 1 earned on 2 hits with a walk and a wild pitch. So I imagine any takers are still skeptical.

I have heard BellHorn's name come up.

Bellhorn is a switch hitter, he's especially good from one side of the plate (I forgot which one it is, left side or right side). He also has a good eye at the plate and is able to post a .350+ OBP. Plus, he can play three or more positions including Third, Short, and Second.

So basically Kelly nixed this himself. Yikes, I'm worried that something bad could come from this...

It's just a talk show rumor, so it could also just be a big load of crap. I fell for the Frank Thomas hates Ozzie rumor so now I take anything like this with a big grain of salt.

i read something in the paper the other day about ozzie not wanting to call up kelly because they have enough guys in there bullpen who can get the job done or something. it sounds like there just trying to screw him over

Yeah, that's the way i look at it. I'd much rather have a healthy Wunch than let's say Shingo or Koch.