Ozzie, shut up

BrandoFan

If I have to hear him hijack the question and jump on the "Amanah de taip ovda menaja....." tangent, I am going to take back all the nice things I've said before.

Guess what, Oz....IT AIN'T ALL 'BOUT YOU, so stop inserting yourself, in one rhetorical way or another, into everything White Sox.

At least Jerry had enough class when Sox won to say "we" and could go on for more than a few seconds about actual tactical moves and players without reverting back to discussing the role he played, every step of the way, in making them....

Brando chill, that's just ozzie's personality. That's his way of telling his players. For the last time, Relax.

Oh I am very relaxed, babe. Thanks for feigning concern. ;)

Ozzie manages to talk about himself even when he is talking about other things Sox-related. I've NEVER heard anyone behave in this bush league manner. It's no longer a meet-the-press inauguration; he's been a manager for 6 months now.

Doesn't mean he is not a good manager, but it does mean he is what I said he

is -- a self-aggrandizing loudmouth.

Listen to Lou Piniella or Mike Sciossa speak and you'll understand.

Oh I am very relaxed, babe. Thanks for feigning concern.  ;)

Ozzie manages to talk about himself even when he is talking about other things Sox-related.  I've NEVER heard anyone behave in this bush league manner. It's no longer a meet-the-press inauguration;  he's been a manager for 6 months now.

Doesn't mean he is not a good manager, but it does mean he is what I said he

is -- a self-aggrandizing loudmouth.

Listen to Lou Piniella or Mike Sciossa speak and you'll understand.

But he talks about the fans in that commercial

If I have to hear him hijack the question and jump on the  "Amanah de taip ovda menaja....." tangent, I am going to take back all the nice things I've said before.

Guess what, Oz....IT AIN'T ALL 'BOUT YOU, so stop inserting yourself, in one rhetorical way or another, into everything White Sox.

At least Jerry had enough class when Sox won to say "we" and could go on for more than a few seconds about actual tactical moves and players without reverting back to discussing the role he played, every step of the way, in making them....

Jerry's 'we' s*** didn't work.

Jerry's 'we' s*** didn't work.

It wasn't supposed to "work"; it was something Ozzie will never have - class.

Oh and while we're on the subject......If this team is gonna win, it won't be because of Ozzie. It will be because guys like Konerko, Koch, Crede, Olivo, etc decide to be major leaguers again.

Notice the "IF"...

It wasn't supposed to "work";  it was something Ozzie will never have - class.

Oh and while we're on the subject......If this team is gonna win, it won't be because of Ozzie.    It will be because guys like Konerko, Koch, Crede, Olivo, etc decide to be major leaguers again.

Notice the "IF"...

You say 'again' like those players were once bonafide stars.

I don't give a damn what Ozzie says, if we win, we win.

Do you ever have anything positive to say? I mean, my god. Lighten up.

Brando, how can you not like Oz??

Stop and smell the roses. It could be 50 below wintertime in Chicago.

Instead we're actually winning in come from behind fashion for the first time

in 3 years.

I love Oz and hopes he keeps running his mouth all season.

I think his quotes are funny and he's da man.

Brando, how can you not like Oz??

Easy. Opportunistic, self-aggrandizing, style-over-substance loudmouths have that effect on me. It's a comment on his PERSONALITY, not his ability (or lack thereof) to manage a playoff-caliber ML team from April through October.

As far as him as a manager.....I wanted LaRussa, but Ozzie was fine with me -- I was calling for Manuel's and Kenny's head last April, afterall, so whatever.

Instead we're actually winning in come from behind fashion for the first time

in 3 years.

First of all, it's not true -- we've had comebacks last year, and NO team had as many of them as the 2000 squad did.

Secondly, "winning".... Just how much of it is Ozzie's doing......and how much of it is Konerko, Rowand, Garland, Show, Politte (in Gordon's role), Adkins (WhiteTrash), Gload (Daubach) and Magglio actually showing up to play in April......or with Yankees being in a very sorry form when we played them?

I dunno 'bout you, but I am not so sure anymore. The jury is still out on the Great Oz.

Brando, you have issues. You think anyone in the club house has a problem with what he says. So far they haven't responded as such. So who really cares if you have a problem with this petty stuff. As long as the team stands behind Ozzie, there isn't a problem. Stop trying to make something out of nothing. You would make a perfect intern for Mariotti.

Easy. Opportunistic, self-aggrandizing, style-over-substance loudmouths have that effect on me. It's a comment on his PERSONALITY, not his ability (or lack thereof) to manage a playoff-caliber ML team from April through October.

As far as him as a manager.....I wanted LaRussa, but Ozzie was fine with me -- I was calling for Manuel's and Kenny's head last April, afterall, so whatever.

First of all, it's not true -- we've had comebacks last year, and NO team had as many of them as the 2000 squad did.

Secondly, "winning".... Just how much of it is Ozzie's doing......and how much of it is Konerko, Rowand, Garland, Show, Politte (in Gordon's role), Adkins (WhiteTrash), Gload (Daubach) and Magglio actually showing up to play in April......or with Yankees being in a very sorry form when we played them?     

I dunno 'bout you, but I am not so sure anymore. The jury is still out on the Great Oz.

I don't know if this team was just waiting for the summer solstice to start playing each of the last 3 seasons, but they didn't play well early under Manual. They have picked it up a bit under Ozzie. Whether that is due to Ozzie or not, I don't know.

but they didn't play well early under Manual.

In 2002, Sox started off 14-7 iirc. I could be wrong, so double check.

Then again, Frank's batspeed was still not there after the tear, and Ritchie-for-Wells abomination buried the Sox.

I don't know if this team was just waiting for the summer solstice to start playing each of the last 3 seasons, but they didn't play well early under Manual.  They have picked it up a bit under Ozzie.  Whether that is due to Ozzie or not, I don't know.

The players seem to think he makes a huge difference, and that's proof enough for me. Go Ozzie! :headbang

You know, I really dont think it matters WHO is producing or WHO is pitching good or what Ozzie is saying for that matter... the fact is, a Win is a Win... it doesnt matter if Maggs is 0-5 and Dransfeldt his 3 HR's... If Koch sucks all year again and we win the division who cares?

Olivo is in his 2nd year... why would you say IF they decide to be Major leaguers again??

And Ozzie has been nothing but positive for this club, look at how many bases were stealing, Frank and Konerko even out there runnin, and its easy to see there is more fire in the team....

Shut up Ozzie??.. If anything I think he needs to keep on going

I don't know why you'd want LaRussa over Oz.

LaRussa is the George Will of the dugout. Arrogant.

So far I'd give Oz an A for everything, including his quotes.

People have called it corpseball in the past.

This is lively at least.