Matt Clement has a no-no going on right now:

CSF

they need all the jinxing you can muster.  like starting threads like this and putting them on the cover of SI winning it all to breeding goats on the north side of town.  Any more?

Well like I said....Right now they're on pace to win 95-97 games, and once Prior is back, probably 100-103 and make it to the series, if not win it outright.

:D

Clement didn't hang many sliders today, his s*** was pretty nasty.

Piazza looked helpless - he knew the slider was coming, he moved in on the plate more to take the outer half away and he STILL couldn't touch it.

Like it or not, when The Passion returns that team is gonna be double-tough. Even when they realize that Borowski's velocity isn't coming back, they have Hawkins to take over. And while I realize that Hawk failed as a closer for Minny, that was a few years ago already and I think he's ready for it now.

I think the sleeper is going to be Ryan Dempster - when he's ready to return, he can step in for any starter who's struggling, or at least provide some solid middle relief.

Clement didn't hang many sliders today, his s*** was pretty nasty.

Piazza looked helpless - he knew the slider was coming, he moved in on the plate more to take the outer half away and he STILL couldn't touch it.

Piazza looked even worse against Maddux. His batspeed is simply not there and he is pressing big-time. Slowed bat + frustration = not good

Those sliders you speak off were a FOOT outside. Piazza was simply guessing out there, which I can't understand since Clement's heatrer topped out at 92.