buehrle long term deal

toasty

I think Mark wants a long term deal and I think he will eventually get it. This season is going to be a big one for the Franchise. If the Sox struggle, then you can count on a ton of trades. If they live up to expectations and beyond, then they should get increased fan support and should have the money to resign there free agents and reward other players with long term deals and maybe even afford adding another free agent or two.

This is really a key point. If they fail this year then Frank, Carlos, PK, Magglio, and Colon will all potentially be gone, maybe even Koch or at least a few of them.

Guest hotsoxchick1

although i have not heard his comments on the radio that you speak of... i do know that mark was looking for a 4 year deal out of this last offer that kw made to him....kw wasnt that smart enough to figure that much out though.......i honestly do not look for mark to be here long term unless kw will offer him something a bit more reasonable than what he has been these past couple of times.............

I think that if we do damage in the playoffs, Mark will want to stay, and a contract will be signed during next offseason. With an increase in revenue, KW would be stupid not to give him what he deserves, and MB will take it. MB looks like he WANTS to stay here...He's just trying to get a better offer. That possibly is why he's brought up this whole Cardinals stuff. In reality, I really feel he likes it in Chicago and will stay if he sees success this year and a bright future ahead.

I heard one of the interviews Mark had on the radio. He said all the things he said about playing for the Cardinals got blown out of hand.

He said he really want to stay with the SOX. He also said he is hopeful that something will get done soon or this coming offseason. And finally, Buerhle said he really love Chicago and would be willing to sign a long term deal with the sox.

If Sox have a bad season not only will there be alot of player changes , KW and JM will be gone, JR is on a short lease with him I think he is waiting for one more s***ty season.

Manuel will definately be fired, but I don't think Williams will be. I think Reinsdorf likes Williams quite a bit and realizes he can only put the team together on paper, the rest of the responsibilities fall on Manuel's and the players shoulders.

I think Williams has done is part, now the players will need to produce and Manuel will need to do his job as manager.

Mark wants respect....I don't even need to ask anyone that.

He got $15,000 taken away from him last year and then he got a potential raise of $10,000 this year.....that is bulls*** and we are jerking the franchise's best pitcher around on a leash.

If I had to take a guess....I'd say that he'd accept a 4-year, $7-8 mill deal with an option for the 5th for about $5 mill.....because he seems like a better guy than the media has made him out to be. However, 4 years and about $16 million would suit me and Marky real well....and then we resign Colon this offseason....and maybe a few others....then we have to worry about Maggs, because 2004 is the last year of his deal....and he will make $14 million. Sign him long term from 2005 to about 2010 or 2012 or so.....with an option or two at the end of that deal.