Ugliest Win of the Season?

DonkeyKongerko

Which has been the ugliest so far?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which has been the ugliest so far?

• 4/13 vs. KC - Sox blow a 6-0 lead and Kock gives up 4 in the 9th but Sox win on walkoff ground rule double by Crede following some pathetic defense by KC.
    • 4/23 vs. TB - Sox get 5-hit but win on a walkoff sac-fly in the 10th by Crede again following some intentional walks, an error, and a wild pitch..
    • 4/25 vs. TB - Sox play corpseball for 8 innings and give up 2 in the 8th to go down 5-2. Sox win on a walk in the 9th that saw Carlos get picked off of first by the catcher.

I don't blame C-Lee for a flukey play today -- he HAS improved since 2001-2002 when he was getting picked off and distracted in the field pretty regularly.....BUT his next year's salary bothers me.

900 OPS is the magic number, and so far Carlos is nowhere near that -- his career is like 815, which is pretty good for a 1-2 Mill player, but at 9, it ain't gonna cut it.

He is just so....It's not like he can't lay off bad pitches or hit to CF-RF because I've seen him do it many times. I think he lacks the intensity, the ambition or something. Not a very smart player, that's for sure.

Carlos got picked off 1st by the catcher huh?  I know that when he drops fly balls hit right at him he looks plenty good doing it, Did he at least look stylish in getting picked off or was he just standing there showing the "huh?" face

He was actually pretty pissed off about it, he argued the call with the ump, but it was the right call. Ed Perez made a great play getting his lower leg down accross the front of the base, giving Carlos no where to touch the base. Fundementally it was a great play by the 1B, a great example for any kids out there. Now if Carlos goes in spikes first, he is safe, or Perez is hurting.

Today's game is by far the "ugliest" win of the season.

4/28 vs. Cle: Sox score 5 runs in the bottom of the ninth to erase an 8-4 deficit. Joe Crede scores the winning run on a sacrifice fly by Sandy Alomar. As late as the 7th inning, White Sox were trailing 8-2.

Today's game is by far the "ugliest" win of the season.

4/28 vs. Cle:  Sox score 5 runs in the bottom of the ninth to erase an 8-4 deficit. Joe Crede scores the winning run on a sacrifice fly by Sandy Alomar.  As late as the 7th inning, White Sox were trailing 8-2.

Im not sure I would call todays win ugly really. The only play that was ugly was the error by Brousard on Konerko's towering pop up. Otherwise, we earned this win by hitting the baseball hard and just staying alive...