Sox(2) 92

Indians(5) 91

Runs Against:

Indians(5) 119

Twins(1) 101

Tigers(3) 98

Royals(4) 98

Sox(2) 77

a 21 run given up difference between the last an second to last.

Runs Scored in the AL Central (place in paranthesis):

Tigers(3) 119

Twins(1) 106

Royals(4) 95

Sox(2) 92

Indians(5) 91

Runs Against:

Indians(5) 119

Twins(1) 101

Tigers(3) 98

Royals(4) 98

Sox(2) 77

a 21 run given up difference between the last an second to last.

...but 72 of those runs against were inherited runners....

:lol: :lolhitting

Twins (18gms) 9.4-8.6

At some point, after almost 3 years of over-achievement....it STOPS being "luck".

The truth is, Twins are just a little smarter, more fundamentally prepared and have more grit than most teams.

Don't count the bastards out just yet.

At some point, after almost 3 years of over-achievement....it STOPS being "luck".

The truth is, Twins are just a little smarter, more fundamentally prepared and have more grit than most teams.

I was thinking the same thing -- that's why there were quotes around luck.

I'll wait until June or July to determine who if a team is in(unless that team has looked as completely s***ty as the Royals have, whom I already said are out of it). The Indians are pretty much toast too.

The Indians are pretty much toast too.

As if that team had a PRAYER coming into this season. I am amazed at how many people picked them as their sleeper team....Guess what? Just because a team is a long shot, does NOT automatically make it Cinderella material.

For every 2003 Marlins squad, there are 5 Indian teams that won't compete until at least 2006-2007 once Sabathia demands big bucks and leaves.

Incidentally, Detroit Tigers are still gonna lose 90 games.

But I DO take delight in Indians' struggles.

Rebuilding ain't easy, is it now?

Look forward to 2006, scumbags. :headbang

And that is what happens when you melt down a team and start over. Everyone raved about how much talent the Indians had aquired and grown in their farm system. But if there is anything that we as Sox fans should have learned, it is the pitifully low rate at which potential turns into ML preformance. Hell, 2006 might be a pipedream, unless the Indians hit the free agent or trade markets.

And that is what happens when you melt down a team and start over.  Everyone raved about how much talent the Indians had aquired and grown in their farm system.  But if there is anything that we as Sox fans should have learned, it is the pitifully low rate at which potential turns into ML preformance.  Hell, 2006 might be a pipedream, unless the Indians hit the free agent or trade markets.

You might be right -- Needsabathia is gonna want to get PAAAID pretty soon.

There were quite a few Sox fans who wanted to cash the chips this off-season and didn't believe Sox had a chance -- after 2002-2003, who could blame them? Indians and Pirates are what happens when you do that, and Marlins are the exception.

You might be right -- Needsabathia is gonna want to get PAAAID pretty soon.

Needsabathia, thats a new one. :lol:

I think CC is gonna test free agency soon and somebody will take the bait. He is not exactly a prime physical specimen and I foresee more injury in his future.

Another Indians thought, whatever happened to Brandon Phillips? Remember a couple years back he was on everyone's preseason ROY list and projected to be the next big thing at shortstop. He even got the word "Franchise" tatooed on his leg I believe.

:dips***

Props go to Cleveland though for getting rid of Gameboy Milton Bradley and his weekly antics. It's not easy for a GM to take his manager's side and get rid of a player with the talent of Bradley. Still they got a decent prospect from the Dodgers and Milton didn't really fit in with their rebuilding plans.

Other Indians prospects I've been hearing about from the Bartolo Colon trade include Grady Sizemore and Cliff Lee. From the bunch of these two plus Phillips, I think one will probably be a star someday soon. My money is on Sizemore as the Indians have shown in the past their ability to develop young outfield talent (see Manny Ramirez, Brian Giles, and Richie Sexson).

With all that put together, I think the Indians will be a pretty good offensive team in the near future. They still don't seem to be able to get it together with a pitching staff. I mean Wedge doesn't know who he's going to start from day to day and throws Jeff D'Amico out there.

I see Cleveland going the way of the current Texas Rangers squad. Tons of young offensive talent but little pitching to back it up.

He even got the word "Franchise" tatooed on his leg I believe.

:lol:

Other than Jody Gerut, everybody else on that team is very unimpressive.

I can honestly say Tigers are a better team -- if Rondel White stays healthy they might improve a whopping 25-30 games this year.