Anyone hear Hawk on the Score tonight:

CSF

I came in towards the middle of his interview with the Score's Jessie Rogers, but here's some of what I heard:

He said Koch would be fine, that his attitude was different this year than from 2003. He said Koch would be worried if he walked a batter if JM was gonna give him the hook, but has relaxed a bit. The Score interview Koch had with Mike North after he blew the KC game (which the Sox came back and won) showed that.

He also said among other things, that Adkins could also be closing a few games before this year is up and said he fares quite well vs righties.

Both he and Jessie Rogers spent the last 5 minutes pretty much bashing Kotex Boy for his constant negativity. Rogers brought up the point that nobody talks about the ballpark food (which he said was best in the majors) or the park renovations or the statue honoring Comiskey. And if they do, there has to be a negative spin to it as well. Hawk basically said that Mariotti knows nothing about baseball and he hasn't seen Mariotti at a game in the last 6-7 years. He said he knows Mariotti will continue to rip him, Reinsdorf, and the organization. Rogers said it seemed like Mariotti "had an agenda". Hawk also said that Mike Lupica used to do the same thing to Steinbrenner. Hawk ended it with calling Mariotti a fraud.

I truly think this is but a minor cog in the Sox eventual move from ESPN 1000 back to 670 AM.

I came in towards the middle of his interview with the Score's Jessie Rogers, but here's some of what I heard:

He said Koch would be fine, that his attitude was different this year than from 2003.  He said Koch would be worried if he walked a batter if JM was gonna give him the hook, but has relaxed a bit.  The Score interview Koch had with Mike North after he blew the KC game (which the Sox came back and won) showed that.

He also said among other things, that Adkins could also be closing a few games before this year is up and said he fares quite well vs righties.

Both he and Jessie Rogers spent the last 5 minutes pretty much bashing Kotex Boy for his constant negativity.  Rogers brought up the point that nobody talks about the ballpark food (which he said was best in the majors) or the park renovations or the statue honoring Comiskey.  And if they do, there has to be a negative spin to it as well.  Hawk basically said that Mariotti knows nothing about baseball and he hasn't seen Mariotti at a game in the last 6-7 years.  He said he knows Mariotti will continue to rip him, Reinsdorf, and the organization.  Rogers said it seemed like Mariotti "had an agenda".  Hawk also said that Mike Lupica used to do the same thing to Steinbrenner.  Hawk ended it with calling Mariotti a fraud.

I truly think this is but a minor cog in the Sox eventual move from ESPN 1000 back to 670 AM.

Call Hawk a homer if you like, but he is right on basically everything he said.

-The ballpark food is the best of everywhere I have seen games. And I have been to over 10 ML parks. According to the rumors, the only place that competes with us is SEA.

-Kotex-boy is a fraud. Was their ever a question of it? I applaud Hawk for standing up, and taking the attention back from him, and shining the spotlight on his Jason Blairesque "journalism" instead of letting him bash unanswered.

-I would like to see Adkins take a game or two in Politte's role, just to see him in some pressure situations. The kid has certianly earned a shot at a bigger, more important role in the pen, but I don't know that I would throw him to closing right away.

-And there is no doubt in my mind that the Sox will not be at AM1000 after their contract is up. It is all a matter of where they end up.

-Kotex-boy is a fraud. Was their ever a question of it? I applaud Hawk for standing up, and taking the attention back from him, and shining the spotlight on his Jason Blairesque "journalism" instead of letting him bash unanswered.

Hawk said Mariotti takes snippets and tidbits from other reporters in making his arguments as well. I guess going straight to the horse's mouth is too much work. Maybe because Mariotti is persona non grata at 35th and Shields.

Hawk said Mariotti takes snippets and tidbits from other reporters in making his arguments as well.  I guess going straight to the horse's mouth is too much work.  Maybe because Mariotti is persona non grata at 35th and Shields.

Hell, mariotti (using lower case intentionally) gets "snippets and tidbits" from here.

If that's true, then... :fyou Mariotti!

I've noticed in the past someone one here would make a particularly insightful comment and within a couple of days, mariotti would make the same point in a column, reworded of course.

I'll try and keep an eye peeled for a similar occurance in the future.

I've noticed in the past someone one here would make a particularly insightful comment and within a couple of days, mariotti would make the same point in a column, reworded of course.

I'll try and keep an eye peeled for a similar occurance in the future.

IIRC, there is a story about Kotex-boy essentially lifting an entire long quality WSI post, and using it per batum as an article. Maybe our WSI crossovers can help me out here...

I love "Hawk"...he is one of my favorite announcers.

But, the guy has his head so far up Reinsdorf's ass it's sickening. If JR (KW) traded Magglio Ordonez for a bag of baseballs, Hawk would comment on how great the baseballs we received were, and how much the Sox needed them.

Hawk is the consummate yes-man!

IIRC, there is a story about Kotex-boy essentially lifting an entire long quality WSI post, and using it per batum as an article.  Maybe our WSI crossovers can help me out here...

I'd really love to see that.