Submit your questions for Knights players

aboz56

The point is.......  why? Where does that come from?

Rex...don't ask me, all I know is Alex was furious when I included Chris Young on the all futuresox team instead of Bikowski.

Bikowski's his favorite, thats all I know. Although I must admit, its kind of catchy :D

One other thing Rex, ya gotta just ignore Head's statements, just look at his thread where he's talking about his stories (Heads and someone)...he's a weird kid :lol:

I can't explain it --- Though this may help

Read from this post through the rest of the thread -- It gets a little crazy

I don't know what he was on that day :lol:

Thats what I was thinking about...with Alex, u just never know :lol: ; He kind of lives in a world of his own....a world full of magic and hams. :bang

I was totally out of it that night. I guess I've started to like Bikowski since I edited some player for him in MVP and he's been hitting close to .400 and flashing the leather.....then I looked up how he did last year.....and now we're here. Although, I must say, he's been disappointing thus far.

For Joe Borchard: In Chicago, we hear Sox instructors have been working with you to shorten your swing and lessen strikeouts. Can you tell us what they've been working with you on specifically, is it hand position, pitch recognition, etc.?

For Jason Grilli: You had a chance to become a free agent after you didn't make the 25 man roster out of spring training. Can you tell us why you decided to stay in the White Sox organization, and what has management told you they expect from you this year?

For Gary Majewski: What would you say is your "out" pitch, and what specifically do you feel you need to improve to get to Chicago?

For the manager: Who has impressed you the most thus far, who has been a pleasant surprise, and why?

For Jeremy Reed: We saw you were hitting leadoff for at least one recent game. Has your manager or the organization said anything to you about being a future leadoff hitter? In spring training, you probably didn't get the level of results you wanted. Was your wrist bothering you, or were you working on something which may have affected your results?

Thanks ... Jim H.

For Joe Borchard:  In Chicago, we hear Sox instructors have been working with you to shorten your swing and lessen strikeouts.  Can you tell us what they've been working with you on specifically, is it hand position, pitch recognition, etc.?

For Jason Grilli:  You had a chance to become a free agent after you didn't make the 25 man roster out of spring training.  Can you tell us why you decided to stay in the White Sox organization, and what has management told you they expect from you this year?

For Gary Majewski:  What would you say is your "out" pitch, and what specifically do you feel you need to improve to get to Chicago? 

For the manager:  Who has impressed you the most thus far, who has been a pleasant surprise, and why?

For Jeremy Reed:  We saw you were hitting leadoff for at least one recent game.  Has your manager or the organization said anything to you about being a future leadoff hitter?  In spring training, you probably didn't get the level of results you wanted.  Was your wrist bothering you, or were you working on something which may have affected your results?

Thanks ... Jim H.

Good questions there Jim H, I'll be sure to use a few of those. Thanks a lot.

Why does Wille Harris suck in the majors & excel in the minors?

Why does Borchard struggle in the minors?

What are the top 10 organzations in MLB they would like to find themselves playing for?

Do they think the SOX will win a WS in their playing days?

Do they hate the Cub? Do they hate the Cub minor league teams?

What do they think of the steroid/supplement issue in MLB?

Do they know of minor leaguers that use them? Any on the Cub team?

Do they think Sosa is/was a steroid/homone freak?

Which SOX players do they think are on something?

Do they look forward to the day they play in the Cell?

Are there other parks they are eager to play before?

Is the media biased against them down there?

Do they believe it's biased in Chicago?

Which minor league player do they feel has the best shot to be the NEXT

regular for the SOX?

Yes, but I am working on getting the answers done in audio and getting them on the site...

That'd be awesome. if it's possible, i think it be an amazing audio piece for the users here.

I think that Ryan Gerds down there wont have any problem with that, the guys who run the show down there are all 1st class folk.

I've got the recorder and everything set up, once i figure out how to convert the WAV files to Real Audio and I find somewhere to host the streaming audio from the interviews, we should be in business...

Some of these questions are repeated because they are solid questions so I am going to ask both players. Right now the plan is to definitely talk to both of these guys and then whoever else I can get I will ask some questions as well...If you have any other questions, get them in before Saturday...I could use a few others.

Borchard questions:

- What went into the decision making process when you decided to give up football full time to pursue a big league career with the White Sox?

- What was the atmosphere like out in Tucson inside the clubhouse? What were your first impressions of Ozzie and his style of managing a ballclub?

- There have been reports that Sox instructors have been working with you to shorten your swing and lessen strikeouts. Can you tell us what they've been working with you on specifically, is it hand position, pitch recognition, etc.?

- What's it been like having some of the Sox regulars like Kelly, Jose and Danny here at Charlotte?

- How closely do you follow the Sox when you're here in Charlotte?

- Who's the toughest pitcher you've had to face thus far in your pro baseball career?

- Word recognition with a few Sox prospects and other names, I'm going to say a name and I'd like to hear the first thing that pops into your mind when you hear these names:

- Jeremy Reed; Frank Thomas; Ozzie Guillen; Ryan Sweeney; Barry Bonds.

Reed questions:

- Do you look at the major league team and see that they have a need for a 2 hole hitter, or do you more look away from that and just focus on the game knowing that it will sell yourself?

- What was the atmosphere like out in Tucson inside the clubhouse? What were your first impressions of Ozzie and his style of managing a ballclub?

- What type of workout regimen do you employ during the offseason to stay in good shape?

- As you know, Baseball America has named you the top prospect in the Sox organization and one of the top prospects in all of baseball. Do you feel added pressure this season due to all of the accolades you received in the offseason after the season you had last year?

- We saw you were hitting leadoff for at least one recent game. Has your manager or the organization said anything to you about being a future leadoff hitter?

- What's it been like having some of the Sox regulars like Kelly, Jose and Danny here at Charlotte?

- How closely do you follow the Sox when you're here in Charlotte?

- Who's the toughest pitcher you've had to face thus far in your pro baseball career?

- Word recognition with a few Sox prospects and other names, I'm going to say a name and I'd like to hear the first thing that pops into your mind when you hear these names:

- Joe Borchard; Frank Thomas; Ozzie Guillen; Ryan Sweeney; Kris Honel.

Hey AB, see if anyone is interested in a chat.  That would be awesome.  BTW it looks like I will see you if you are still coming up on the 15th.

Yes I will be there, would you wanna meet up with Steff and others in the parking lot prior to the game?

That is what we are talking about.  They are going to BBQ, and I know I am bringing some beer.  It ought to be good times.

I'll be there, also want to come up to the UD and chat with ya so I can see what it's like up there if you're still planning on sitting up there...I am in 129 for all 3 games of the series.

I'll be there, also want to come up to the UD and chat with ya so I can see what it's like up there if you're still planning on sitting up there...I am in 129 for all 3 games of the series.

I have the freebies from Soxfest, but I might upgrade. I will have to see how the money situation is. At worst we will definately tailgate.

The current plan as of now is to talk to Joe and Jeremy on Saturday and then on Sunday I am going to talk to the rest of the guys to try and get some other questions answered...