No Go on Rogers

Cali

and Pete, was your day as bad as you feared, did you get fired, or are you still among the employed?

Well...

My last job is to build the gallows in the parking lot so I can be hung until dead at noon Saturday.

In short.. I'm currently seeking employment.

- Pete

The Sox could use an All Star center fielder - there is a job for you!

I hope that things work out well for you fast - sending prayers, good thoughts and best wishes your way -

I would be shocked if any other team offers Rogers more than KW did.

he does have a chance to go back to texas after a certain time. i think in ref in able to negoiate with your own team.

what i love is the irony of this. here tx offered him 2 yrs at 10 mil or something like that. on the advice of boras, he turns it down. now he might have to go back with his tail between his legs and plead for a contract that will be a lot less then the one they offered.

i love it.

he does have a chance to go back to texas after a certain time. i think in ref in able to negoiate with your own team.

what i love is the irony of this. here tx offered him 2 yrs at 10 mil or something like that. on the advice of boras, he turns it down. now he might have to go back with his tail between his legs and plead for a contract that will be a lot less then the one they offered.

i love it.

from what i understand texas was so pissed at him turning down that offer they said forget it...we are through with you..right now i dont think they would sign him for the league minimum...kenny really screwed himself

i checked the schedule..we only have 3 open dates in april..we will need the 5th starter right out the gate...a lot of cold weather games...

That's strange. The way I read the schedule, we only need the 5th starter twice in April - with the 1-4 guys getting 6 starts apiece.

They've got off days 4/1 , 4/8, 4/14, and 4/28. The way I see it falling we only need the 5th starter on 4/19 against Cleveland and 4/24 against Baltimore.

i checked the schedule..we only have 3 open dates in april..we will need the 5th starter right out the gate...a lot of cold weather games...

That's strange. The way I read the schedule, we only need the 5th starter twice in April - with the 1-4 guys getting 6 starts apiece.

They've got off days 4/1 , 4/8, 4/14, and 4/28. The way I see it falling we only need the 5th starter on 4/19 against Cleveland and 4/24 against Baltimore.

i must have missed april first when i counted it up..also we do get alot of rain outs in april too..so you are probably right on the 5th starer

No Gamble for the Sox

here's an interesting quote...

Agent Scott Boras indicated he will get a better offer elsewhere, but did not reveal the team. Boston is the only other team known to have both interest and financial flexibility.

"I was told there has been a resurgence in the market and that Mr. Rogers is a very desired person," White Sox general manager Ken Williams said Tuesday. "I was told he's going to get much more than I could dream about giving him."

Im going to laugh when Rogers ends up on like the DRays for like half a million and then he goes like 10-15 with a 5.50 ERA. And then the Sox win it all. Get that f***in loser outta our beloved city! :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou Rogers!

I could see a lousy team coming out and offering him a contract. The question is, does he want to win or is he still in it for the money. He's made plenty in my mind, but what does he think.

I think when he turned down the offer he said its all about the money. I don't want a guy like that on our club unless he's damn good.

Guest hotsoxchick1

rogers will be lucky if a lousy team can afford what boras is seeking n for him....he really blew this one espically with texas.. word is already out about how he turned them down and now turned down kw and its not going to look good for him to get anywhere further with another team... i know i wouldnt want to sign him now.........

Do you think this Rogers thing is dead in the water, or is there still a chance they (Boras, Williams) may revisit things?

My guess is the former. Boras doesn't want anything to do with bargain-basement deals for his clients, especially with his well-known distaste for the White Sox.

The only possible leverage this guy has is with the Red Sox ... if one of their guys is ineffective in spring, it's possible the Red Sox would overpay.

Other than that ... who could afford him? I wonder about teams like the Cardinals or the Astros.

I don't think there is any negotiating with Ken Williams. I'm guessing if they come back and are willing to sign for the original offer then the Sox would have a deal, otherwise, I don't see anything happen.

Rogers isn't looking too smart right now, especially considering the Red Sox don't seem too interested in him anymore.