A Royal Pain

http://www.robneyer.com/robrany.html

Rany: Maybe the Royals aren't a contender - I know that's your position - but until that's proven, the Royals have to play as if they do have a chance - and that means pulling out all the stops against the Twins and White Sox.

Crappy managing - again, Graffanino lighting out for second base in the first inning cost us two runs. Crappy announcing - do Bob Davis and Paul Splittorff ever say anything that's not 1) a cliché; 2) watered-down (when discussing bad performances by the Royals), or 3) obvious as all hell? Crappy pitching by everyone in the bullpen save Nate Field, who might be the best reliever we've got - he's certainly the only one who can throw strikes.

If the Twins hit their way to a six-run rally, I'd tip my cap to them. But they scored six runs on three hits - and six walks.

Scott Sullivan: 11 strikes, 10 balls

Curt Leskanic: 12 strikes, 13 balls

Dennys Reyes: 6 strikes, 13 balls

And yesterday, protecting a two-run lead:

Jason Grimsley: 4 strikes, 11 balls

That's beyond unforgivable. It's unwatchable. And unless and until they start turning things around, I'm not sure I can bear to watch this team on any sort of regular basis. It's just too painful.

It was said all off season, without pitching the Royals are going no where.  Between the injuries, and just crappy pitching, they don't have a chance.  They might as well start taking bids for Juan Gone and Beltran.

Wrong.

The so-called experts predicted that 2004 would be a very good year for the Royals with several of them predicting that KC would win the Central and many predicting that the Royals would finish ahead of the Sox. It was only on Sox fan forums such as this that folks pointed out the lack of quality KC pitching.

Wrong.

The so-called experts predicted that 2004 would be a very good year for the Royals with several of them predicting that KC would win the Central and many predicting that the Royals would finish ahead of the Sox.  It was only on Sox fan forums such as this that folks pointed out the lack of quality KC pitching.

Sorry dude, you took me out of context. I put no credence in "experts". I was talking about here.

Though it was funny to read this article, those dips***s never stop "believing" in there chances. KC Radio man Kevin Keitzman said he saees no problem in the Royals taking 5/6 f from the Ran gers and Yankees. I will be at Kauffman this week cheering on the Rangers, my good friend at school is a Texan.