RIP Stinkus

Queen Prawn

My oldest hamster died yesterday while I was at work. :crying Brian said she was putzing around at about 3 and had a snack. She was in a sleeping position when I found her. I hate the guilt that follows it.

We bought a new one last night and that little dude won't sleep - but that is normal for hamsters when they are getting used to their new surroundings.

RIP Stinkus! Say 'Hi!' to Stinky Butt I for me, will ya?

post-10-1072649009.jpg

RIP Stinkus, it sounded like he had a good life.  :)

Thanks all - Stinkus was a she. We tried to get another female hamster to replace, but the pet store seemed to only have males and the one put on a show for us so we took him home.

that is about right for a hamster - no guilt, she was happy -

used to raise them as a kid - after Annie, Hammie, and Sammy, I forget the names of the others...

The only thing I had close to raising a hamster, was mice for a 7th grade science project. We had a male and a female in a cage for 5 weeks, and had to study their behaviour etc. After 3 weeks, they've had 5 babies, but the next day 3 were gone, the mother must hav eaten them. :o

Ancient Egyptians believed that upon death they would be asked two questions and their answers would determine whether they could continue their journey in the afterlife. The first question was, "Did you bring joy?" The second was, "Did you find joy?"

--Leo Buscaglia

I think Stinky passed that test. Pets add so much to our lives. We learn unselfish love and how to keep our butts clean.

Thanks - now I am at my desk crying. (not being a smartass, that quote is a great one.)

It is true - she brought me joy, I just hope I did the same for her.

Hey, I'm a sensitive guy :rolleyes: I also have a rabbit, cat, bird, and really, really large plecostomus hanging around my house.