Ordonez Blurb

The Beast

Player: Magglio Ordonez

Team, Position: White Sox, RF

Replacement: Magglio Ordonez

No, the White Sox don't make money like the Cubs do. But thanks to a big market and a fairly lucrative TV deal, the Sox can afford to pay their best player the going rate for hard-hitting right fielders, and Ordonez will probably sign a long-term extension during the season. On the other hand, if Ordonez does sign with the Dodgers or something, the White Sox have prospect Jeremy Reed, who batted .409 -- yes, .409 -- in half a season at Double-A last summer. Ideally, though, the White Sox would retain Ordonez and let Reed play center field, which would give them one of the best outfields in the majors.

Wow. That is amazing considering we don't make much money. ESPN is saying this, which makes me a very happy man. Thoughts, ladies and gentleman?

I don't get it. What is the Ben Christianson thing?

Ben Christiansen was a pitcher for Wichta St -- He was regarded as a top 10 Pick in the Draft -- He threw at a guy's HEAD in the on deck circle, rendering unable to play baseball -- Cristiansen wasn't able to play the rest of the season, his draft stock dropped, but the cubs picked him up in the late first round-- He got a big signing bonus, and Molina is delivering furniture.

Here's an article about the guy he beaned -- 5 years later

That article makes me sick.

I said it was kind of sick for a reason.

But Sox-in-04 is a great example of the power of the Chicago media. You haven't heard about Ben Christiansen. I can almost guarantee you that if he was drafted by the Sox, you would have heard about it.

I agree. "Typical Sox No-Brainer"

I can see the headlines now....... :puke

Just thinking about that makes me think of an image that was posted here. Something to do with a sports page in Chicago, and the huge headline in bold is "Sosa homers twice in loss" and in the lower left corner there is a small headline that says "White Sox win World Series; beat Cubs 4 games to 1."

It's funny cuz it's (probably) true! :lol:

Ben Christiansen was a pitcher for Wichta St --  He was regarded as a top 10 Pick in the Draft -- He threw at a guy's HEAD in the on deck circle, rendering unable to play baseball -- Cristiansen wasn't able to play the rest of the season, his draft stock dropped, but the cubs picked him up in the late first round-- He got a big signing bonus, and Molina is delivering furniture.

Here's an article about the guy he beaned -- 5 years later

well i didnt even notice it looked like that, but it really does so i am making a new sig after reading that article :unsure:

I said it was kind of sick for a reason.

But Sox-in-04 is a great example of the power of the Chicago media.  You haven't heard about Ben Christiansen.  I can almost guarantee you that if he was drafted by the Sox, you would have heard about it.

Wow that pisses me off so f***ing much! :fthecubs :fthecubs :headshake :puke :fyou :stick :huh :banghead :crying How the hell can that story go unoticed by me, a guy who lives and breathes baseball. even though I was only 10 when it happened, I should have known about it.

Wow that pisses me off so f***ing much!  :fthecubs  :fthecubs  :headshake  :puke  :fyou  :stick  :huh  :banghead  :crying How the hell can that story go unoticed by me, a guy who lives and breathes baseball. even though I was only 10 when it happened, I should have known about it.

I was young when it happened too. I found out about it and was shocked.

Just curious...have you heard about the Cubs minor leaguer that threw at(and I believe killed) and endangered bird?