Ordonez Blurb

The Beast

This gets back to just how much $$$ do the SOX take in each year.

Do they make any $$$ on the food sales?

The Cell has always been rated in the top 5 in food & beverages.

I would have to believe that means the 20K+ fans that on average show up at The Cell spend as much if not more on food & bevs as the 30K+ fans in Wrigley.

After all, aren't all the fans of the Urinal spending most of their $'s in the bars & places around Wrigley? Likewise, we know the SOX make $16 a pop on parking & that there is typically an average of 5000 cars parked a night. That's almost equivalent to another 5000 tickets sold.

In comparison to other clubs that pay high rent, & don't charge as much for the extras I have to believe that the SOX are still in the top 15 when it comes to total revs.

Still that doesn't make Maggs worth 70/5. I'm willing to go 60/5 if he's in the top 10 in OPS in the AL by the all-star break. He's not even in the top 40 right now.

What has KW proven to us time & again: finding productive bats in FA is MUCH easier than finding productive arms. Invest long term in your arms & buy your bats on sale.

Of course let's not forget the NYY$'s are 9-11 & talk is circulating on dumping Williams or Giambi for pitching. If you can get either of these players at a bargain

I wouldn't overlook them.

I was young when it happened too.  I found out about it and was shocked.

Just curious...have you heard about the Cubs minor leaguer that threw at(and I believe killed) and endangered bird?

Yea one of their phenom prospects. (Ryu?) That's just sad. Saw the article too, almost cried. (not really but felt bad since I remembered it) :crying :angry:

If you ask me, its probably better that we aren't hearing anything anymore. Think of the times when the Sox make deals, almost always it kind of comes out of nowhere.

For example, their weren't many rumors when the Sox signed Marte, nor were their rumors when the Sox signed Buehrle...it kind of just went down.

I'm going to hope thats what happens with Magglio.