Anyone else in my situation...

AngelasDaddy0427

Hello,

Long time sox fan but new to this site (just came here because the Sox official message board is down.

Anyhoo back to the topic:

I'm from NW Indiana (Gary), currently though i'm at college in West Central illinois.

I can't get WCIU while i'm at college and it annoys me that I can't see the games on certain days.

Does anyone have a similar problem?

Anyway lets go get those Blue Jays! :bringit

:david

Well when i'm at my families place in NW Indiana we get WCIU.

The problem is that i'm at a college in the middle of a corn field and I really hate not being able to see the games!

By the way I notice some of you have cool pictures and banners, how do I get one of those myself?

Just curious

:finger :fthecubs :finger

:snr :snr :snr

:fthecubs :finger :fthecubs

Hello,

Long time sox fan but new to this site (just came here because the Sox official message board is down.

I'm from NW Indiana (Gary), currently though i'm at college in West Central illinois.

I can't get WCIU while i'm at college and it annoys me that I can't see the games on certain days.

Anyway lets go get those Blue Jays!  :bringit 

First Off Welcome Aboard :headbang

I'm with ya, WCIU games stink. I got the Xtra Innings package, but WCIU isn't part of the package so unless its carried by another major affiliate, I miss the Sox.

It should be better when they form their new station or at least thats what I'm hoping.

Well when i'm at my families place in NW Indiana we get WCIU.

The problem is that i'm at a college in the middle of a corn field and I really hate not being able to see the games!

By the way I notice some of you have cool pictures and banners, how do I get one of those myself?

Just curious

:finger  :fthecubs  :finger

:snr  :snr  :snr

:fthecubs  :finger  :fthecubs

The picture area on the left is an avatar. Go to "My Controls" and hit edit avatar settings. Once in their attach a picture or link to a picture you like and put in the size of the avatar.

For a signature, you make a post and attach (use the browse feature) a picture you want as your signature. After making the post go to the picture, right click it and hit properties and copy the url of the picture.

Once you do that put in [ IMG]http://[ /IMG] . Ignore the spaces, they are only their so the code shows up.

Hope that helps :D

Hello,

It is for local only. We have to learn to live with it. I get WCIU so its not a problem, but usually the blackout rule is in affect. Besides, sometimes its nice to listen to Rooney and Farmer.

Jeckle, welcome here! I am also fairly new here from the MLB Sox board, and let me just tell you that it is SO refreshing here. You can actually have discussions with people, without the same poster (you know who I am referring to) jumping in at every opportunity to try and shout you down. Even in the 'political' section, there tend to be lively 'chats', but so far, I haven't seen them devolve into the personal attacks, and mindless repetition of wornout catch phrases that is all to prevalent there. So have a cold one, and enjoy all things White Sox! :drink

EvilMonkey

Corg is a member here, he hasnt posted in months though

It's sad that you had a name ready to go with my description. But anyway, good luck with WCIU, Jeckle. I get the picture fine, but whenever they put up graphics on the screen, my sound gets all weird.

Greetings new guy. WCIU drives me nuts too. I'm in Springfield and don't get it down here. I will normally listen to ESPN 1000 over mlb.com, but there is like a 2 pitch delay so I'll watch their Gameday feature. I don't know about the rest of you but I don't care much for Rooney and Farmer. I guess they aren't mutch nerdier than any other announcer though.

Welcome Aboard!!! :cheers

Yeah, I'm an Extra Innings subscriber down in OK.  I don't get the WCIU games unless they happen to use the opponent's broadcast.  Really frustrating.

Yes, very frustrating. And I didn't know about the conflict when I ponied up for Extra Innings. I knew the 6 Rays and 3 Marlins games would be blocked here, but didn't know the CIU gaqmes would also. Luckily for the Yankees games they used the YES Network broadcasts, but it is getting annoying. I have to listen to GameDay Audio and (*gasp*) with all the MF-ers on this site instead... :D

I don't know about the rest of you but I don't care much for Rooney and Farmer. I guess they aren't mutch nerdier than any other announcer though.

I love me some Rooney and farmer (when he's not on a stupid tangent about golf or something else irrelevant). I got to really liking the through GamedayAudio for the last 4 years. Nice to get more Hawk with the Xtra Innings this year though, too.

Hello,

welcome to soxtalk!

what was your name over there?

Yeah i was JoeGem.

I'm in Rock Island, IL (Which puts me right on the border of iowa).

I moved here after I graduated to be able to prepare to go to WIU without having to pay instate tutition.

Then I started attending a community college and BAM, just ended up decided to finish an associates degree there, then I got sick, lost a year, and ended up being late graduating. The good news is i'm offically transfering to WIU next Spring.

Anyhoo that was a pointless story if I ever heard one.

Yeah i was JoeGem.

I'm in Rock Island, IL (Which puts me right on the border of iowa).

I moved here after I graduated to be able to prepare to go to WIU without having to pay instate tutition.

Then I started attending a community college and BAM, just ended up decided to finish an associates degree there, then I got sick, lost a year, and ended up being late graduating. The good news is i'm offically transfering to WIU next Spring.

Anyhoo that was a pointless story if I ever heard one.

Ah, a Quad City Madman! Welcome aboard, and hope you stick around. :cheers

Hello,

Yep, no Fox Sports Net Chicago either for me. It is a pain in the ass but I have learned to live.