New name for the Sox

NUKE_CLEVELAND

The sports Cardiac Kids were the 1967 Indiana Hoosiers football team that went to the Rose Bowl - Jade Butcher, Harry Gonzo, and Mike Eichebarger. I may have spelling wrong or one first name wrong, and I don't feel like looking it up but those three players and that team were something very very special.

The Cardiac Kids

I kinda like that and it's so fitting due to the fact that no lead is safe until the last out of the game is recorded. 

Keeps things interesting though doesn't it?

I remember the Sox using that in '91 when Robin Ventura hit that game winning grand slam off of Goose Gossage to beat Texas. That's the game when Big Frank picked him up over his shoulders at home plate. Man, what a team that was. Stupid A's and Twinkies keeping the Sox from the AL West crown that year.

I remember the Sox using that in '91 when Robin Ventura hit that game winning grand slam off of Goose Gossage to beat Texas.  That's the game when Big Frank picked him up over his shoulders at home plate.  Man, what a team that was. Stupid A's and Twinkies keeping the Sox from the AL West crown that year.

Stop it with the memories man! You're making me misty eyed! :crying

I remember the Sox using that in '91 when Robin Ventura hit that game winning grand slam off of Goose Gossage to beat Texas.  That's the game when Big Frank picked him up over his shoulders at home plate.  Man, what a team that was. Stupid A's and Twinkies keeping the Sox from the AL West crown that year.

I can still remember the highlights of that game on ESPN Sports Center. Big Frank picked up Robin and put him over his shoulder and carried him around while the rest of the team jumped up on him and high fived etc. The line from ESPN was, "Rockin Robin and his Band of Merry Men do it again." Gave you goose chills to watch.

I was at that game for my Birthday party -- :headbang

Nice reference of the Hoosiers Cwsox! 

Yeah, I like having some kind of team nickname or phrase.  It just makes things fun; I think I saw someone w/ a "Cardiac Kids" sign on the highlights this morning.

props to the Cardiac Kids 67 Hoosiers and I did look up their info and look who was on the USC team they lost the Rose Bowl to (first time I ever cried about who lost the Rose Bowl)

Indiana cardiac kids

now back to White Sox talk: if a team nickname arises it will just happen. Go Go Sox, South Side Hit Men, Winning Ugly, those names just happen. You can't pick it. If this team keeps on going on like this probably some cool name will arise that will define the season and team. Yet we never had a great nickname for the 93, 94, or 00 Sox. If it happens, it happens.

I hope it does!