US general suspended over abuse

Texsox

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, isn't Brazil the country that offerred safe haven to several Nazi war criminals after WW II?

One of many that took in Nazis, including the US. :angry: Brazil was especially popular. Great climate, a nice accomodating government, easy passage.

Remember, there were some outstanding scientists in that f***ed up gene pool. Imagine an entire countrie's scientists, becoming "free agents". If you had something a country needed, or thought they needed, and weren't too high profile, you could go almost anywhere. :huh:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of many that took in Nazis, including the US. :angry: Brazil was especially popular. Great climate, a nice accomodating government, easy passage.

Remember, there were some outstanding scientists in that f***ed up gene pool. Imagine an entire countrie's scientists, becoming "free agents". If you had something a country needed, or thought they needed, and weren't too high profile, you could go almost anywhere.  :huh:

My point is, Brazil is in NO position to criticize the US and/or our foreign policy.

My point is, Brazil is in NO position to criticize the US and/or our foreign policy.

They (Brazil) are in the same position to criticize the US as Mariotti is to criticize Joseph Pulitzer.

Although they do have a great abreviation, BRA

Where is the powerfull NUKE_CLEVELAND?

Hey, NUKE. Did you do that (torture the iraqis) when you were there???

:unsure:

You know, when I first saw this topic I made up my mind to stay out of it but I cant do that any longer.

Rafacosta, for you to sit there all smug and happy in Brazil and dare to lump me in with a bunch of stupid jackasses who got their jollies doing the same type of s*** to Iraqi's that Saddam did is beyond ludicrous, even for your small mind. Who the f*** are you to judge me?

What those soldiers (and I use that term loosely) did was inexcusable and contrary to what the United States believes in. I firmly believe that what happened there and in the British sector down south were isolated cases where stupid INDIVIDUALS decided that what they were doing was funny.

I am a strong advocate of using modest forms of physical abuse (i.e. sleep/sensory deprivation or perhaps firing a weapon close to someone like that Battalion Commander did a few months ago) but only when it's needed to extract time sensitive information that will save lives.

Torturing and humiliating people like they did for no other purpose aside from personal amusement is wrong no matter how you cut it. There will be an investigation, there will be courts martial and then those guilty will spend some time in Levenworth reaping exactly what they have sown.

You know, when I first saw this topic I made up my mind to stay out of it but I cant do that any longer.

Rafacosta, for you to sit there all smug and happy in Brazil and dare to lump me in with a bunch of stupid jackasses who got their jollies doing the same type of s*** to Iraqi's that Saddam did is beyond ludicrous, even for your small mind.  Who the f*** are you to judge me?

What those soldiers (and I use that term loosely) did was inexcusable and contrary to what the United States believes in.  I firmly believe that what happened there and in the British sector down south were isolated cases where stupid INDIVIDUALS decided that what they were doing was funny. 

I am a strong advocate of using modest forms of physical abuse (i.e. sleep/sensory deprivation or perhaps firing a weapon close to someone like that Battalion Commander did a few months ago) but only when it's needed to extract time sensitive information that will save lives. 

Torturing and humiliating people like they did for no other purpose aside from personal amusement is wrong no matter how you cut it.  There will be an investigation, there will be courts martial and then those guilty will spend some time in Levenworth reaping exactly what they have sown.

Nuke, well said, even though it didn't need to be said, it should have been assumed that these were a tiny, tiny minority of soldiers.

US service men and women have the highest degree of professionalism of any fighting force. If you look at all the wars we have fought, and how few times this sort of behavior happens, we should all be very proud of the US and how we handle the most unnatural of acts, the act of going to war.

Well said, but still, I'm sitting to my guns...Rafacosta is from Brazil, a different culture, different morays, taboos, and ethnocentrism than the United States.

So how's this:

"Rafa, do you and your family enjoy spending time with the Mengele decendants?"

Anything wrong with me saying that?

Of course, but its a different culture, so that makes it ok correct? :rolleyes:

This is a note from your friendly Admin guys.

Rafacosta has been giving a short suspension for the post to Nuke. We as a group felt that this was very inappropriate, and not the kind of treatment of fellow posters that we want to endorse. It was over the line. I would ask that we let the parts of the thread dealing with this stuff, to be left alone. I won't lock it, because there are important issues in this thread, and good discussions about it. If there are any questions or comments please address them in a PM or email to me or any of the Admins.

Thanks!

SS

So how's this:

"Rafa, do you and your family enjoy spending time with the Mengele decendants?"

Anything wrong with me saying that?

Of course, but its a different culture, so that makes it ok correct?  :rolleyes:

Do not bring the Holocaust back in to this buddy. I can see your point, but that is my view. Come on.

Do not bring the Holocaust back in to this buddy. I can see your point, but that is my view. Come on.

Why not? Would you have a problem with it if i said and meant it? Because it's the exact same thing. Saying that you can see my point yet still dont agree is kinda hypocritical

And if you're so disgusted about what Americans a hundred years ago did to them and what we're "doing" to them now, then why stay? If our country is so bad and has done so much wrong (and according to many, continues to do such) why stay? Canada and Mexico are right here. Hell, Cuba's just a short plane ride away as well

to answer your last question/statement:

because this is my country

get that, MY country as well as yours and every one else's country

and the original quote is My country right or wrong, when right to affirm, when wrong to correct

and what the hell is so hard to understand about that?

and do not presume to judge someone else's love for their country and their commitment to it