Does Dransfeldt Stick Around?

bjm676

What happens when Jose comes back next week? I know the obvious answer is Kelly Dransfeldt goes back to Charlotte. But why not Harris? How many dribblers to the pitcher does it take to convince everyone he's not cut out for this? I don't think I've ever seem him hit a ball to the warning track this year. My cat has more power than him!

Dransfeldt has had some clutch hits this past week and can play all infield positions. What do you guys think?

Willie Harris is more valueable then Kelly Dransfeldt. While he's hit some clutch gorkers, scouts will find a way to get him out with regularity sooner or later. He wasn't a good hitter in the minors, and a few gorks doesn't make him a good hitter in the major leagues.

Harris has speed and causes havoc on the basepaths. Something this team has just found out contains great value. I'd much rather have a Willie Harris coming off the bench than a Kelly Dransfeldt.

If everything were up to me, I'd ship Jose out of town. I'm fine with Uribe and Harris as the DP combo. Just ship Willie to the bottom, figure out a way to get Jeremy into that 2 hole, and I like what we've got.

I don't think I've ever seem him hit a ball to the warning track this year.  My cat has more power than him!

Were you even watching yesterday's game? Willie turned on an inside pitch and hit it about 10 feet foul down the right field line but it would have been waaaaaay outta here if it was fair. He has some pop in that bat. The opp. pitchers try to jam him alot though in his AB's. But when he turns on one, I'd expect about 5-10 homers for Willie this year. He's also one of the rare ones on the team that's thinking more basehit than home run. I can this guy heating up if he gets the nessesary AB's.

--Ship Jose out? Good, but you'll get nothing in return, but somebody's Billy Koch. Give him Robbie Alomar money in the off-season and be happy.

--Orlando Cabrera? Good D, but a mediocre bat. Already makes 6 Mill and will ask for 7-8 as a FA after 2004. He teased people last year, but it was a mirage.

--A couple of bloopers to opposite field aside, Dransfelt has NEVER hit even in the minors.

--Willie Harris's RBI hit was a comebacker to the pitcher that was mishandled. He CANNOT hit. And hitting is what a HITTER is supposed to do. A valuable pinch-runner/defensive sub, nothing more.

kelly's been great, but he'll definitely be going back down. We gotta give jose some more time before we give up on him this season

Give up on what? He's thoroughly outhit and outran Joe Crede, and frankly, his range/arm already made up for the extra 2 errors he made over Joe (4-2) -- and Joe is supposed to be a Gold Glover....What's next, are we giving up on Frank too?

--Orlando Cabrera?  Good D, but a mediocre bat. Already makes 6 Mill and will ask for 7-8 as a FA after 2004.    He teased people last year, but it was a mirage.

Medicore bat? I don't know about that. He had pretty stellar years in both 2001 and 2003. Put him on a team with a little more protection than Jose Vidro and he's a legitmate threat. If there are any concerns on this guy it's his health...but he plays through pain. I believe he played 153 games in 2002 with a nasty back injury. Plus there is the fact that the turf on Montreal will eat you up alive. You might as well play on asphalt if you are going to play for the Expos. Throw him on some natural surface and this guy is an all-star year in and year out. I'd love to have him in a White Sox uni, but the fact of the matter is that there will be high interest for him in the off-season. Not to mention high price tag.

--Ship Jose out? Good, but you'll get nothing in return, but somebody's Billy Koch.  Give him Robbie Alomar money in the off-season and be happy.

--Orlando Cabrera?  Good D, but a mediocre bat. Already makes 6 Mill and will ask for 7-8 as a FA after 2004.    He teased people last year, but it was a mirage.

--A couple of bloopers to opposite field aside, Dransfelt has NEVER hit even in the minors.

--Willie Harris's RBI hit was a comebacker to the pitcher that was mishandled.  He CANNOT hit. And hitting is what a HITTER is supposed to do.  A valuable pinch-runner/defensive sub, nothing more.

Give up on what?  He's thoroughly outhit and outran Joe Crede, and frankly, his range/arm already made up for the extra 2 errors he made over Joe (4-2) -- and Joe is supposed to be a Gold Glover....What's next, are we giving up on Frank too?

We seem to go through this lame stuff about Jose every week. Jose is a good solid ball player with pop in his bat and good fielding range. He always works hard to improve and is a team player. Uribe has been a real plus, but he is valuable in the role of super sub. He can play all three positions to the left side of first base and can contribute better to the team that way. He will get plenty of at bats. Dransfeldt has stepped up, but is destined to go back to AAA until needed again. Kelly has come through in the clutch, but hasn't shown much pop with the lumber.

Give up on what?  He's thoroughly outhit and outran Joe Crede, and frankly, his range/arm already made up for the extra 2 errors he made over Joe (4-2) -- and Joe is supposed to be a Gold Glover....What's next, are we giving up on Frank too?

Crede is a Robin Ventura type player. He'll make the plays he needs to, but he'll also make an error here or there. The experiment with Jose at 3B was ugly, let's not go there again.

Jose is cooked, I'm tired of him.

And even the idea of comparing Frank to Jose is ludicrous -- especially given what Frank has been doing and what Jose hasn't been doing.

Kelly has 4 hits out of 9 at bats and 2 of the hits were solid. I'd post the stats on him, but 9 at bats isn't enough to warrant that. Why not give him a chance to see what he can do?

What the heck is with this sudden obsession with Harris? :huh: The guy is batting 0.220 (18 hits, 71 ABs) and an OBP of 0.263. Not lead off material in my humble opinion...now if he was in 8 or 9 position, I might be able to tolerate those numbers, but not at lead off.

Kelly has 4 hits out of 9 at bats and 2 of the hits were solid.  I'd post the stats on him, but 9 at bats isn't enough to warrant that.  Why not give him a chance to see what he can do? 

What the heck is with this sudden obsession with Harris? :huh:  The guy is batting 0.220 (18 hits, 71 ABs) and an OBP of 0.263.  Not lead off material in my humble opinion...now if he was in 8 or 9 position, I might be able to tolerate those numbers, but not at lead off.

IMO it isn't as much of an endorsement of Willie as a no to Dransfeldt. The guy has struggled to hit at the minor league leve, there is nothing to show me he would hit here. Plus Willie is a waaaaaay better defender and baserunner. Even if Harris gets benched in favor of Uribe at 2nd, he would be first man off of the bench as a PR or defensive sub.

I say trade Jose. If Jose has the most heart on our team, how come we have won a lot without him. I really like Uribe. He is showing some fight in him. In our comebacks, he has homered to chip in and lower the lead. I was there last sunday and he was great. I think Willie just needs a little bit more time. hope he can hit the ball over the infield more often than not

What the heck is with this sudden obsession with Harris? :huh:  The guy is batting 0.220 (18 hits, 71 ABs) and an OBP of 0.263.  Not lead off material in my humble opinion...now if he was in 8 or 9 position, I might be able to tolerate those numbers, but not at lead off.

Your stats of Willie is so false it's not even funny. He is batting .254 (18-71) OBP: .299. Those stats you gave are his career stats (which isn't fair because Willie hasn't had that much at-bats let alone, play an entire season) Let's give then man at least 100 at-bats before we criticize. Hell look at Ordonez. He's batting .289 (24-83) OBP: .352. Granted Willie's OBP could be better, lets say he went 3-3 today or even 2-3? That average is going nothing but up after that game. Give the guy some time please. Willie already has 18 hits from Ordonez's 24 in 12 less at-bats. Willie will not show the flawless bat from Uribe,but he will be solid for us this season under Ozzie.

Your stats of Willie is so false it's not even funny. He is batting .254 (18-71) OBP: .299. Those stats you gave are his career stats (which isn't fair because Willie hasn't had that much at-bats let alone, play an entire season) Let's give then man at least 100 at-bats before we criticize. Hell look at Ordonez. He's batting .289 (24-83) OBP: .352. Granted Willie's OBP could be better, lets say he went 3-3 today or even 2-3? That average is going nothing but up after that game. Give the guy some time please. Willie already has 18 hits from Ordonez's 24 in 12 less at-bats. Willie will not show the flawless bat from Uribe,but he will be solid for us this season under Ozzie.

Hey, I took them from yahoo - take it up with them. :nono

I am clueless regarding the Ship-Jose-out banter. Not only is he a decent fielding SS(do not let the errors fool you...errors are not good, but they are not as bad as many people think), but he is our ONLY source of LH power in the lineup. I know he hits .240-.250...big damn deal. Where else are we going to get 25-30 homers from the LH side of the plate?

Jose can run the bases like no other. His instincts on the bases are second to no one on the Sox IMO.

Give me Uribe-Valentin at 2B and SS respectively, with Harris on the bench and Dransfeldt busting his ass in AAA, or give me something better.

I see. Not a big fan of yahoo, I apologize for saying that. The regular whitesox home page is a good way to find stats even better, or there's others. :)

I tried that site, but it takes forever to load up at work (where I am now). No offense taken - I thought they looked off, but didn't have time to research it.

Basically all I was trying to say is I don't see what many seem to see in Harris. Maybe more time is all he needs :huh ...