Spankee Fan For A Day

I will NEVER be confused with a fan of the Spankees, but I have to admit that I'll be rooting for Jon Lieber today when he makes his first start since undergoing elbow surgery.

I've always admired Lieber as a true pro, who just goes about his business and doesn't feel the need to let you know how great he is.

GOOD LUCK JON!

:headbang

You guys don't root for the Yankees when they play central division teams or the Cubs last year? :huh

I cheer for the Yankees only when they play a team the Sox are up battling for position against(IE, last year I cheered for the Yanks against the Twins and Royals), and of course when they play the Cubs. If they play the Tigers, I'm sure as hell rooting for the Tigers. I can't stand the f***ing Yankees.

I cheer for the Yankees only when they play a team the Sox are up battling for position against(IE, last year I cheered for the Yanks against the Twins and Royals), and of course when they play the Cubs.  If they play the Tigers, I'm sure as hell rooting for the Tigers.  I can't stand the f***ing Yankees.

agreed

Ditto.

Exactly. :P

BTW, Yanks beating KC 7-2 in the 8th. Lieber's current line: 7IP, 5H, 2ER, 0BB, 3K's.

I'd say the Yanks found their 4th (or 5th) starter.

I'm really glad we get to play the Royals 7 of the last 11 games of the years now.... B)

And even better that the Twinkies get the Yankees the next to last series of the year. :headbang

You guys don't root for the Yankees when they play central division teams or the Cubs last year? :huh

Nope.

I root for the AL Central teams to lose, but I try not to think about who won the games.

When the Spankees play the Cubs, I ignore the whole thing.

Leskanic found the plate?  :o

He's been horrendous this year.

Either that or he found the sweet spot of Ruben Sierra's bat. He found the sweet spot of Michael Young's bat the other day too...and Brad Fullmer's too.

KC is toast. Everything came together last year, and now it has all fallen apart.

Where's the pitching Tony? :whichway