Buffett endorses Kerry

Texsox

Link

``I support John Kerry,'' said Buffett, who's hosting the annual Berkshire Hathaway Inc. shareholder meeting this weekend in Omaha. ``In the choice of the two candidates he's the one I would vote for. I think I would rather have him as president than George W. Bush.''

Buffett, the world's second-richest man, criticized Bush's tax cuts, saying they were ``tilted toward the rich. I've got way more money in my pocket because of the tax change and I don't think it's a good idea.''

Buffett also served as an adviser to Arnold Schwarzenegger, a Republican, during the actor's campaign for governor of California last November.

Kerry said this month he'd provide a tax cut for small businesses and family farms by raising the estate tax exemption to $4 million for a family and $10 million for a family-owned business or farm. The exemption is currently $1.5 million.

He would keep Bush's tax cuts for middle-income families, while repealing tax cuts Bush signed into law for households making more than $200,000 a year. The revenue from taxing higher- income families would be used to expand education and health care. Kerry would also create a $4,000-per-year tax credit for college and higher-education students.