May 2004 Quotes of the Month

I think Moistest Alou's announcement that he urinates on his hands to harden them will bring several posts of the month.

From Playa Hatin

apparently, someone didn't learn back in his rookie year that the veterans were playing a joke on him...  :lolhitting

This is a multi-parter: In the Jose Valentin coming off DL thread

cwsox "Good bye Jamie Tuesday "

SoxFanForever "Who could hang a name on you?"

cwsox "when you change with every new day

still, we're gonna miss you"

SoxFanForever "  :cheers Gotta love the Stones"

This quote from Tex in the 2k4 Posting Race

Remember Jas made most of his posts in the days before expansion. There wasn't as many forums and threads to post in. Kind of like Babe Ruth and Bonds.

Yeah, most of Jasons numbers were put up during that infamous 'deadboard era' of SoxtTalk. :D

Yeah, most of Jasons numbers were put up during that infamous 'deadboard era' of SoxtTalk.  :D

:lolhitting

I can't stop laughing over the whole thing. I'm just hoping the media coverage will be much like Bonds and they'll just act as if he never won anything :P

:lol:

Monday, May 3rd 8:20 AM Central

ChiSoxFn 16,091

Southsider2K4 15,899

192 behind.

Not quite Bonds watch, damn East coast bias will keep sports center off this story.

I hear Reynolds is predicting hotsoxchick1 to actually surpass both. Mariotti is picking some guy named Cubswin!Cubswin!; Ozzie is suggesting smaller, faster, posts. KW is looking to trade SS2K4 to the A's for DOS 5.0; JR is worried that we can't afford his salary demands for southsider2K5. Looming on the horizon is a young Dominican phenom who may crush both. He's having issues with his birth certificate, or he would be posting already.

This is edge of your seat excitement.

:lol:

From "American Culture War"

America used to be a God praying country that had both reverence & respect for human rights, public decency, & a moral & virtuous life. Today it is clearly divided between those who want America to turn back to that tradition & those who want America become a greater pool of sin & decadence & debauchery.

:lolhitting :usa

From Southsider2k4 (who thinks anyone cares) ;)

Well this is it, the magical post. (that is unless that bastard Gage just started making a bunch of posts  )

I want to make it a memorable one, so I am going to make a little bit of a cyberspeech.

First of all I want to thank pretty much everyone involved in this site. That starts with the guys who just lurk and runs all of the way up to guys like Mario, Jason and company who founded, finance, and are the backbone of this site.

This is an incredible place to be. The level of discussion can be anything from bodily functions to the most dedicated passionate discussion of the Chicago White Sox, outside of their boardroom.

I never expected to be this ensconsed into a web site. After being on the ESPN site for a while I had just gotten sick of the stupid stuff that went on and wanted a change. I had talked to Mario a lot before on the ESPN site, and appreciated the chance to write for Soxnet that he gave me, and remembered him talking about this message board. So I did what so many others had done before, and lurked and read for a while. Finally I am pretty sure if was an article written by 1549 that inspired me to make my first post, which was a question about his write up. The rest as they say, is history. 16,240 posts later, here we are.

I also never expected to be asked to help out so much on this site. When I got asked to be a moderator, and then an administrator, where as much of honors as getting a promotion at work. To have the people who run this site and post here, tell me that they think that much of me to let me help run the site, is a humbling thought.

And even if I were to never post here again, I will never forget the friendships that I have made here. Both of the reallife and cyber kinds. I have met people I never would have met, and shared lives I never would have known if it wasn't for Soxtalk. I hope that exact thought resonates with people. Many people are perfectly content just coming here for basic reasons, such as info, or contests, or anything in between. But for me, I was a lucky one who has gotten so much more that is fair out of a web site.

Thanks to all!

Southsider2k4-Mike

:cheers to you and ChiSoxfn :cheers

That super genius Harold Reynolds on ESPN BBTN suggested that Corey Patterson is a better player than Frank Thomas.

Cerbaho-WG had the insight of the year when he said

Harold Reynolds deserves to be hit by a f***ing bus for mentioning this.