Frank

BigHurt4evah

hey guys, my first post on this message board! :headbang

anyways, to the post (ahem)

Do you guys think Frank will be good this year? I have always been a Frank Thomas fan, and believe he will not post MVP numbers, but something along the lines of .310/30/110. haha am I asking too much?

Also I believe after he retires, he'll be elected into the hall of fame. For being the greatest offensive threat of the 90's, I don't think being a DH will hurt.

Well? how'd I do? :ph34r:

haha how do you guys get the icons and quotes on your posts? oh well, if you dont agree with me I'll accept your criticisms :fyou

well post back or whatever :bringit

Welcome Aboard

As far as the icons and all that stuff. Hit My Controls and then if you want an image under your screename, that is called an avatar and you hit something like Avatar Settings and then you can attach it from your computer. Smaller images work best so you can see them.

Then when it comes to getting a signature, the images on the bottom of the posts. You go to edit signature settings under my controls and then you can use the img tags and set it up so there is an img there or you can put in other type of writing.

Now as far as Frank goes, I expect him to do much better then last year. Of course he still knocked in 93 or so and that was in limited playing time as he was benched at times. I'd say thats pretty darn good. Late last season he turned things on. Right now my conservative guess would be .280, 35 hr's, 110 rbi's. Thats me saying he's going to play almost every game this year, improve the avg and power just a bit and the rbi's should go up from additional games played as well as the slight increase in power and avg from last year. With the fences in comiskey shorter and Frank looking really strong last season and supposedly in great shape this season, I wouldn't count out say .320, 45, 125-130.

I don't see him doing worse then he was last year, which is why I think his numbers will fall in between the two stats that I provided.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Frank has something to prove this year. He wants to show everyone (and himself) that he is not on the decline. I look for him to have a big year.

cant argue with that one... and welcome aboard to the newbie..........enjoy your stay..... :D

Welcome to our fine community known as Soxnet. We're a great family here.

Yea, I think Frank's gonna have a career year. He's spent time in Los Vegas to refine his technique. He will come out with a vengence and will be back to mid-90s form! :headbang

I think Thomas will have a huge year....a .340 45 150 year would not surprise me in the least....and neither would a .360 50 165 year....hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy hit .400.

OK, maybe I would be a bit surprised if he hit .400....but in all honesty, I wouldn't be if he hit anywhere .340-.360....and between 35-50 homers and 130-160 RBI....because they are all achievable.

In 2000....Thomas's only protection going into the season was Maggs....and Maggs wasn't the hitter then that he is now. Now, Thomas also has Valentin, an improved Maggs, Konerko, Lee....you just can't pitch around him. That happened last year, and he choked, mainly because he babied his arm....he won't do that this year. I seriously believe Thomas could be ready to have one of the best statistical seasons in MLB history....or so I hope.

Maybe I haven't seen baseball in about 5 months and that's the reason I'm so optimistic...but others feel the same optimism that I do regarding the Sox as a whole...so maybe not.

I also believe that Frank is going to have a huge year. I think people forget, myself included sometimes, what this guy can do when he is playing at his best. One of the posters above suggested even .350 50 HR and 150 RBI's or in that neighborhood. At first glance you know you kind of think, oh no way...but seriously Frank could put up those numbers in a heartbeat. I won't ever underestimate what he is capable of. I am looking for a monster year from him.

I sure hope you guys are right.

I am a HUGE Frank Thomas fan, and I believe he is the greatest player in Sox history. I almost had a heart attack when I learned he was goin to be left out of the "Comiskey" 2003 All-star campaign. He's in it now, right?? :(

Anyways he's a great guy and a great player, and I think barring complete armageddon, he'll be a leader in the team on an off the field (or at least the plate). Happy Valentines day everyone!

-Jim :bringit

Frank will win the MVP, MB the Cy Young, Jiminez the rookie of the year, Maggs will be World Series MVP, JM manager of the year, KW will be GM of the year, and Aaron Rowland and Joe Crede will get their first Gold Gloves.

And then we will still find things to b**** about.

Frank will always be awesome.

Frank will win the MVP, MB the Cy Young, Jiminez the rookie of the year, Maggs will be World Series MVP, JM manager of the year, KW will be GM of the year, and Aaron Rowland and Joe Crede will get their first Gold Gloves.

of course! except olivo gets the rookie of the year, and frank will get the triple crown, and everyone hail the white sox :headbang :headbang

Uh yeah, I'd very much have to agree with sox247 on this one....because Jimenez can't get ROY....if I remember correctly. He's had quite a bit of playing time in SD....so Olivo or Rauch will have to win it. I'm not sure who will though....there will be a lot of good rookies this year....Cuddyer, Texieria and Blalock in Texas, Godzilla and Contreras in NYC and about the whole Indians roster....and the Royals, Tigers, and DRays will have a lot of rookies as well.

If I had to make a bet on who would win or atleast get the highest on the Sox for the ROY...I'd go with Rauch, assuming we don't sign Rogers.

I need to be convinced, although, since I have been a Sox fan longer than anyone, I am pulling for him as much as anyone. I am disturbed by his constantly popping up to the right side, which tells me he doesn't hit the fast ball nearly as well as he used to. But then I found out on this network that his real problem was his former teammate, Royce Klayton, who is now history. Frank started hitting right after Klayton left. I think Frank will hit .290 or so and remain a threat; hitting ahead of Maggs and Paulie helps, although his position in the batting order certainly is not cast in stone.

Frank is obsessed with stats, and that is not a criticism. I think he is determined to add to his legacy for at least one more year. I also firmly believe that if the team starts off well and wins a bunch of early games, he will have added determination to do well. He doesn't do as well when he pouts, and winning will take care of that.

By the way, does anyone know if Royce is taking any of Frank's ex- women with him to Milwaukee? I hope so.

We wouldn't be sox fans if we didn't have something to b**** about :)

Uh yeah, I'd very much have to agree with sox247 on this one....because Jimenez can't get ROY....if I remember correctly.  He's had quite a bit of playing time in SD....so Olivo or Rauch will have to win it.

I depend on my friends to correct me -

I knew I was possibly wrong there and too lazy to look it up -

I will agree - Olivo for ROY

I knew I was possibly wrong there and too lazy to look it up -

I will agree - Olivo for ROY

Crede can't win rookie of the year still, can he?

I don't know where to find the info on eligability. Isn't it something like less then 75 games played or something like that? I'm pretty sure he's not eligiable, but if he is, he gets my vote!