sox park

Ishmookie

the new roof and the roof at ballpark in arlington are the same except theirs is white. i heard next year they're putting a homerun porch and warehouse in right field if they have the money. the ballpark in arlington has the same thing. are the people doing the renovations the same people that made the blueprint for the ballpark in arlington? :unsure:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree, I really like ours, dont think it could get much better.

And in your first post, where did you hear about a wearhouse?? I havent heard anything about that at all. I didnt here something about a pourch, but I heard thats basically dead.

i just remember heaing it. i forgot where what are they gonna do then? i was really excited about the porch idea.

the new roof and the roof at ballpark in arlington are the same except theirs is white. i heard next year they're putting a homerun porch and warehouse in right field if they have the money. the ballpark in arlington has the same thing. are the people doing the renovations the same people that made the blueprint for the ballpark in arlington? :unsure:

A warehouse?

like a building for management and offices. and tony, reindsdorf should SPEND SOME MONEY!!!!!!

I figured that, but how in the sam hell would they plan to fit a warehouse into Comiskey Park?

But I'll tell you what, the Ballpark in Arlington is incredible. The inside and the outside. I love the brick thing they have around the outside of the park.

I figured that, but how in the sam hell would they plan to fit a warehouse into Comiskey Park?

But I'll tell you what, the Ballpark in Arlington is incredible. The inside and the outside. I love the brick thing they have around the outside of the park.

i think the warehouse would be behind right field somthing else to look at besides the huge ads and the projects the ads are the reason that the park is still mediocre.

It is a pretty ballpark, but so is the Cell. In fact, I was surprised that the Ballpark in Arlington is almost completely enclosed. In the heat of the Texas summer, you'd think they'd allow an occasional breeze to come in there. What were they thinking? :huh

It is a pretty ballpark, but so is the Cell.  In fact, I was surprised that the Ballpark in Arlington is almost completely enclosed.  In the heat of the Texas summer, you'd think they'd allow an occasional breeze to come in there.  What were they thinking?  :huh

I was just commenting on what it looks like. I've never been there so I can't comment on the heat.

And yes, I also agree that U.S. Cellular is a great looking park too.

So more like Baltimore?

i guess. when reinsdorf was looking for stadium plans, the people that built camden yards, minute maid park and other new stadiums offered the plans for camden yards to reinsdorf. the park wouldve been facing the skyline. imagine how nice that would be....... we would sell out every game with that park and this team. it wouldve lead the way for new parks instead of being the guineapig. Reinsdorf was just too cheap and insisted on using the state's money and only the state's money to build the park! thus, we ended up with the ballmall, but it's not the ballmall anymore. The debt would've evened out because people would've come to the games!!!!!!!!

Except in Baltimore that warehouse has been there way before the park was there. True they renovated it when Camden went up. But, it works so well in Baltimore because it perfectly fits the skyline and that part of town, I don't see how you could recreate that to make it work in/around Comiskey. Personally, the large ads have never bothered me at Comiskey, I mean look at old (mostly gone) ballparks, they all had huge ads, many directly on the outfield fences, so to me the ads aren't strange looking. Plus the OF concourse is a plus the way it is. (not that you could get me to say anything negative about Eutaw St. in Camden, either). Just my two cents.

From what I remember, it wasn't a "warehouse", it was just a building in the leftfield corner outside the stadium. It would have a gift shop and offices, if I'm not mistaken. I will try to find a picture of what the plans were for.

yeah you're right offices. i shouldnt have used the word warehouse.