sox park

Ishmookie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only go to stadiums that have a f***ing warehouse attached.

Who doesn't? I mean, Warehouses are the s***! There is no way I'll ever go to a game without a f***ing warehouse, I mean, it's not a baseball game if there's no warehouse. Warehouses...YES! :headbang

I'm not sure...I found those pics in November; I think it'd be a cool look.  I just don't know if we have the money to do something like that anymore.  We'll see; I think the park looks great right now though.

That's what I was looking for! Good find Greasy.

I've been to three or four games there....

I care a hell of a lot more about what's on the field than the ballpark.

Sure, if the ballpark's nice, it's a plus, but I'd rather have the best team than the best stadium.

All I know is USCF is a beautiful ballpark now, and is a tremendous place to watch and enjoy a baseball game.

yes, but you have to admit those billboards are UG-LEEEE.

Besides a minimalist (nothing fancy) HR porch in RF, they NEED to build something admistrative building/fountain-y in LCF as well.

Would make for an AWESOME park.

i guess. when reinsdorf was looking for stadium plans, the people that built camden yards, minute maid park and other new stadiums offered the plans for camden yards to reinsdorf. the park wouldve been facing the skyline. imagine how nice that would be

Yeah I heard that.

What was the mothef***er thinking!

Lakeside, state-of-the-art BP would have been such a beautiful move.

I couldn't find the picture because it was saved on my old computer that crashed, but I did find an article on what could have been when the Sox were planning for a new stadium. link

I don't like it. It looks like a colleg football stadium. I DO like that it faces North and utilizes the skyline, and I like the public park idea for Old Comiskey.

The debt would've evened out because people would've come to the games!!!!!!!!

$$ to improve the park has NOTHING to do with the fans, nor does it depend on Jerry opening the checkbook. When will you people learn that improvements to the park are NOT Jerry's financial responsibility?? :headshake

As far as copying Arlington.. we can only hope so. That is the most beautiful park in all of baseball.

yes, but you have to admit those billboards are UG-LEEEE.

Besides a minimalist (nothing fancy) HR porch in RF, they NEED to build something admistrative building/fountain-y in LCF as well.

Would make for an AWESOME park.

A nice water feature would be a mad addition to our park. Kansas City already has a huge one, and Cleveland has the forest / trees in straightaway center.

i guess. when reinsdorf was looking for stadium plans, the people that built camden yards, minute maid park and other new stadiums offered the plans for camden yards to reinsdorf. the park wouldve been facing the skyline. imagine how nice that would be....... we would sell out every game with that park and this team. it wouldve lead the way for new parks instead of being the guineapig. Reinsdorf was just too cheap and insisted on using the state's money and only the state's money to build the park! thus, we ended up with the ballmall, but it's not the ballmall anymore. The debt would've evened out because people would've come to the games!!!!!!!!

Good grief...

Jerry does not own that park and did not make the decision on where or which way it faced. The guy made a suggestion. The ISA made the final decision. Go b**** at them.

And for the last time (yea, right...) FAN revenue has NOTHING to do with the renovations to the park.

Steff, do you ever feel like this  :banghead ?  :lol:

Oye ve.... :rolleyes:

It's like those at Soxfest that were asking (for the 8,436,942,091,331rd time) why they didn't use the US Cellular money to pay Colon... :headshake

People in general have very little understanding when it comes to public financing. Please note, folks, that VERY FEW stadiums are owned by the teams that play in them. Therefore, THE TEAM has NOTHING to do with renovations.

And yes, Arlington is an awesome place to watch a game... :) Last night was perfect. 70 degrees, no wind... really really nice night for a ball game!

I couldn't find the picture because it was saved on my old computer that crashed, but I did find an article on what could have been when the Sox were planning for a new stadium. link

While I like the concept, the site as a whole just looks kind of funny. I cant explain it. i just think the way the park is flanked by buildings and the overall dimesnsions fo the park. Just looks Odd.

I posted pics of this when I first registered.  I'll go back in the archives and post them in an edit.

Those were the pics that were accidently posted on the renovators website a while back?

If I remember correctly, last year the Score got a hold of those pics and North was talking to Reinsdorf about it on air then all of a sudden they went away from the website.

I posted pics of this when I first registered.  I'll go back in the archives and post them in an edit.

I just noticed something. On the Northside, they got ride of those ugly walking ramps.

What gives this credibility as being what WILL hapen to the park, is the inclusion of all the other changes that were made this offseason.

Are those only only pics they had posted? Or are those the oonly ones you could find?

I'm not complaining about Comiskey as it is, but that looked like it could have been a snazzy idea. BUT, did you look inside that park? Tight foul lines is an understatement, and center field looks FRIGGIN HUGE. I'm sure Cub-lovers owuld have found just as many things to piss and moan about and critique.

The only thing I still dont get about Comiskey is the way it turns it's back to the skyline instead of featuring it. Wind-schmind, put up a glass wall or something. Maybe in 30 years.

Oye ve....  :rolleyes:

It's like those at Soxfest that were asking (for the 8,436,942,091,331rd time) why they didn't use the US Cellular money to pay Colon... :headshake

Oh the memories, I bet that was asked at least five times when I was at the Q & A sessions... :stick