When do you think the fans start coming back??

soxfan420

Warm weather + people out of school/back from college + winning baseball = fans

Don't worry about it,  I think that within the next few weeks the crowds will start to grow quite a bit.

I agree, but I feel that the big aspect of big crowds coming back will happen After June.

The Cubs/ Sox series always bring high anticipation, but the key is, if we beat their brains in, (in both series), and we are in first place at the same time in our division, the adrenalin will start to really flow for fans to come out. I also say that time period because if we are also in first place, trade deadlines aren't too far away, and hopefully that would mean that Uncle Jerry may loosen up the wallet a little more! If fans have confidence in the pen, especially the closer role, that would help. Kind of depressing to have your team beat the daylights out of the ball all day, only to have high anxiety fits of wondering what's going to happen when the time of closing up the game comes along. We've had trouble "CONFIDENTLY" finishing games off for 2 years now!

It was b****in' cold Saturday and I was only there for the first game (the lady that drove didn't want to stay for the second so I had to go). As soon as the weather warms up (and as long as they keep winning) people will come. I have a few games I am planning on going to, but since one is with my sister and her son, we have to wait until it is much warmer out.

I'll be up there for the Minnesota series and I'm hoping for good weather... :headbang :headbang :headbang

I'd say that should be a pretty good series for attendence, especially if we're still deadlocked with Minny.

I'd go but ya know....  ;)

THAT IS NO EXCUSE! IF YOU WERE A REAL FAN OF THE TEAM, YOU WOULD HAVE SEASON TICKETS! IT'S YOUR FAULT THE SOX DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY TO SPEND ON PLAYERS, YOU BUM! -Brando

Gee, how do the Bears do it?  :huh

First, with the Bears you have 8 home games compared to 81 so why go to a cold/rainy Sox game in April when you can wait to go in June, July, August or September. Second, you expect to be cold for at least half of the Bears home games.

I think if the weather is nice NEXT weekend, and the Sox are in first place, the place wll be nuts for the Twins series.

edited by cwsox to change "this" to "NEXT" because cwsox freaked out when he saw the reference to "this weekend" thinking he had lost track of the schedule and also lost a week in time

Edited by cwsox

Gee, how do the Bears do it?

Bears have MANY more LOYAL fans. It starts and stops right there.

Sox park, as Dick Allen poster said, is just not a "cool" place to be any longer, and the New breed of Sox fans ain't paying $25-50 (tics, park, concess.etc) per person just for baseball which you can see on FSN, WGN.

Also, NFL doesn't need full-house attendance to be profitable because of the immense popularity of the sport (tv contract, merchandising deals, etc) and the salary cap.

The Bears also have the whole city behind them, as the Sox...well you know...

hey if i wasn't at school everyday and i could drive i would go to as many games as possible. thats my problem, but i think if we continue to play like this come summer the stadium will be filled nicely every night.

Bears have MANY more LOYAL fans. It starts and stops right there. 

Sox park, as Dick Allen poster said, is just not a "cool" place to be any longer, and the New breed of Sox fans ain't paying $25-50 (tics, park, concess.etc) per person just for baseball which you can see on FSN, WGN.

Also,  NFL doesn't need full-house attendance to be profitable because of the immense popularity of the sport (tv contract, merchandising deals, etc) and the salary cap.

Of course the fact that they only have eight home games doesn't play a factor at all. Also, the Bears being the only pro football team in Chicago doesn't mean a thing. And, what you said about the "loyal fans", if the Sox only had 8 home games a year, I guarentee you they would sell out every single game with "loyal" fans.

Of course the fact that they only have eight home games doesn't play a factor at all. Also, the Bears being the only pro football team in Chicago doesn't mean a thing. And, what you said about the "loyal fans", if the Sox only had 8 home games a year, I guarentee you they would sell out every single game with "loyal" fans.

Less supply and more demand would make a big difference. Think about if the Sox were the only team in Chicago. Do you think our attendance would go up? Or if the Cardinals were still playing football in Chicago, do you think the Bears would have a harder time drawing fans?