WhiteSoxCentral Feedback

Heads22

Alrighty, WSC has been up for around a month now. I'm not sure if it's getting enough love, however. What do you guys think about WSC? Is there anything we here at Soxtalk could do to involve it more? And what needs work there?

We would like it if WSC, Soxtalk and FutureSox stay together as a trio of sites providing all the Sox info you'd ever need. How can we work on that?

As always, you guys know that you are what keep this engine turning so we value what you guys have to say.

:bringit

Alex

I think they're picking up right where Soxnet left off... I mean, I just couldnt be happier with the product they're putting up.

I think that WSC, FUTURESOX, and SOXTALK is the new Soxnet, just in a different way.

kudos guys, kudos.

I really enjoy readin the previews to each series, and the Minny article a few days ago was a real good read I thought. I'm not sure if it's gettin promoted enough though, it's a quality site that deserves more readers because so far they've put out a real good product to read. :)

Thanks for all the positive comments.

I've been kicking around a few ideas, so I might as well get some thought on them now.

The ideas are:

Submit your own article - A special section added to the main page highlighting articles that other viewers of the site send in themseves.

SoxTalk Quote - Area on the main page highlighting quotes from people on this board.

Comiskey Park Improvements - Knock off WSI and The Daily Southtown...gathering people's thoughts on how to improve Comiskey Park. Some ideas serious, others not. Drawings, pictures accepted.

Fan of the Week or Month - Submissions from people on why they are the fan of the week. Pictures a must.

Those are just some ideas I've been tossing around. Some are more practical than others.

Regardless, if you have any ideas, or skills you can add to the site, let me know and I'll work to get them in.

oh, one more thing, I loved the "where have you gone?" thing on mike caruso, keep that going, it was a good read.

Yea, I was kicking some players around. Most of our 2000 team is a mystery, but it's tough to find info on these players.

I think I'll feature that 2000 team throughout the year, and then smack it together into a main feature in the off-season. I mean, take a look at this list of mystery players:

Sirtotka

Barcello

Howry

Baldwin

Parque

Simas

Perry

...Those are just the guys I can think of off the top of my head. There are more, and the players I mentioned above were pretty pivotal to that division championship. Now they are nowhere to be heard of. However, was Perry part of the team in 2000? Or did he join later?

Ya, Milkman was an integral part of the 2000 team if I recall.

I know Barcelo was pitching pretty good two winter balls ago (it may of even been this winter ball) and Baldwin is in the Twins organization or something like that.

Couldn't tell ya where Simas is (dodgers had him at a point last year), but I thought Howry was with the Tribe or something like that.

And Perry has been with the Rangers ever since.

Thats off the top of my head. I really love that feature though. Caruso takes me back.

Ya, Milkman was an integral part of the 2000 team if I recall.

I know Barcelo was pitching pretty good two winter balls ago (it may of even been this winter ball) and Baldwin is in the Twins organization or something like that. 

Couldn't tell ya where Simas is (dodgers had him at a point last year), but I thought Howry was with the Tribe or something like that. 

And Perry has been with the Rangers ever since.

Thats off the top of my head.  I really love that feature though.  Caruso takes me back.

Perry came in late May IIRC and Graf had come in April

Perry had an immediate impact

what about Bobby Howry, i know he was here as recent as 2002... but where is that guy now?

I thought he went to the Indians organization and I'm not sure if he's still their. After that he may of went to the Dodgers, but not positive on that.

Howry's Minor league travels

Player Name League Team Dates Season
 Howry, Bob Southern League Birmingham Barons 08/01 to 08/29 1997
 Howry, Bob Texas League Shreveport Captains 04/03 to 07/28 1997
 Howry, Bob International League Pawtucket Red Sox 04/18 to 06/08 2003
 Howry, Bobby Pacific Coast League Calgary Cannons 04/09 to 06/16 1998
 HOWRY, BOBBY D. Texas League Shreveport Captains 04/10 to 08/29 1996
 HOWRY, BOBBY D. California League SAN JOSE GIANTS 04/06 to 09/03 1995
 HOWRY, BOBBY D. Midwest League CLINTON LUMBER KINGS 07/24 to 09/02 1994
 HOWRY, BOBBY D. Northwest League EVERETT GIANTS 06/27 to 07/19 1994