do the sox go after beltran

soxfan420

Gammons latest article said Beltran was 8 years 140 mil or 17.5 a year.

If the reality of his price range is around 14 mil a year and we have not signed Maggs long term, I would hope the Sox seriously consider Beltran.

I dont think the Royals would trade him to us, unless we overwhelmed them, which would only come back to hurt us in the end.

SB

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The only need Beltran would fill would be a LH bat in the middle of the lineup. If we are going to get a LH bat, why not get a huge LH bat and go out and get Delgado or someone to that extent?

And if I had the choice between spending $15 mill on Beltran or Maggs, I say get the hell out of here, both of you, I want to spend my money on a surplus talent, not on 1 guy. If it's $12 mill or less, we can negotiate

Dont know where this post disapeared to so if It comes up again im sorry;

Gammons latest article said Beltran was 8 years 140 mil or 17.5 a year.

If the reality of his price range is around 14 mil a year and we have not signed Maggs long term, I would hope the Sox seriously consider Beltran.

I dont think the Royals would trade him to us, unless we overwhelmed them, which would only come back to hurt us in the end.

SB

As ss2k4 pointed out, Beltran is represented by Boras.

Therefore it will never happen.

Can anyone name one Boras client who ever signed with the Sox?

Can anyone name the Boras client(s) we traded for and lost when their contract was up?

Can anyone name the Boras client(s) who were drafted by the Sox and never signed with the Sox and went into the draft?

Can anyone name one Boras client drafted who signed with the Sox?

Can anyone name the Boras client(s) we traded for and lost when their contract was up?

Can anyone name the Boras client(s) who were drafted by the Sox and never signed with the Sox and went into the draft?

Joe Crede is a Boras client who was drafted and signed by the Sox.

Then I am stunned  :o

Crede is a Boras client?

Before or after Joe signed what ever contract he is under?

Not positive, but I believe he has always been a Boras guy. I remember some innuendo about the Sox keeping Crede in the minors longer to keep him from getting service time so that they could keep him longer.

I have to agree with the rest. He's got E coast written all over him.

Pick one: NYY, BOS, or BAL.

We have no shot at landing him & the fav to get him is NY.

NY will like re-tool with Pedro & Beltran before 2005.

The 2005 rotation will be : Brown, Pedro, Mussina, Vasquez, Lieber

They will trade Contreras, Lofton/Williams with major cash incentives.

There are always takers.

Not positive, but I believe he has always been a Boras guy.  I remember some innuendo about the Sox keeping Crede in the minors longer to keep him from getting service time so that they could keep him longer.

Crede is a Boras client.

wow.

I am stunned.

He is the one one we have, right?

Someone must have asleep at the switch on that one at Boras' office. Next time, just don't say Sox, say which one! You're fired!

So I suspect Joe will not be a lifetime Sox player.

From FA? Can't name one off the top of my head. Through the draft - as SS2k said, Crede...I am almost positive he is a Boras client.

We traded for Charles Johnson, and I am once again almost positive he is a Boras client.

The Sox drafted Jeff Weaver. That son of a b**** never signed with the Sox, and is now sucking ass in LA.

And that familiar name...Joe Crede

The only need Beltran would fill would be a LH bat in the middle of the lineup.  If we are going to get a LH bat, why not get a huge LH bat and go out and get Delgado or someone to that extent?

And if I had the choice between spending $15 mill on Beltran or Maggs, I say get the hell out of here, both of you, I want to spend my money on a surplus talent, not on 1 guy.  If it's $12 mill or less, we can negotiate

well since 1b isnt really a whole in our lineup with thomas/pk i dont really think delgado is worth his price/talent we give up.

Willie Harris is a badass, theres no need to say we dont need him.. Look at hows he doin so far

he came into tonights game at .273 and hes already got a walk and a hit.. Not to mention hes almost impossible to throw out on the base paths.. 5 SB 0 CS

Willie Harris is a badass, theres no need to say we dont need him.. Look at hows he doin so far

he came into tonights game at .273 and hes already got a walk and a hit.. Not to mention hes almost impossible to throw out on the base paths.. 5 SB 0 CS

im with you on this one. i think we should give willie his chance, cuz hes gotta be up there with the fastest of them in the league.

From FA?  Can't name one off the top of my head.  Through the draft - as SS2k said, Crede...I am almost positive he is a Boras client.

We traded for Charles Johnson, and I am once again almost positive he is a Boras client.

The Sox drafted Jeff Weaver.  That son of a b**** never signed with the Sox, and is now sucking ass in LA.

And that familiar name...Joe Crede

for everyone who said "Joe Crede" 4 hours after ss2k4 told me that - ;)

for my Dakota Bills friend,

was the question - and yeah we traded for CJ and had him for August 1 through October 8th or whatever day it was

I am still stunned Crede is a Boras client and with us but no one else has ever been and signed wih us

for everyone who said "Joe Crede" 4 hours after ss2k4 told me that -  ;)

for my Dakota Bills friend,  was the question - and yeah we traded for CJ and had him for August 1 through October 8th or whatever day it was

I am still stunned Crede is a Boras client and with us but no one else has ever been and signed wih us

Bobby Hill and a pitcher who ended up with Tampa (I can't remember the guys name) were drafted by us, didn't sign-who were both Boras clients.

Bobby Hill and a pitcher who ended up with Tampa (I can't remember the guys name) were drafted by us, didn't sign-who were both Boras clients.

Bobbie Hill?

According to the 2003 mdia guide the only Hills we have had were Donnie, Ken, and Marc

Bobbie Hill?

According to the 2003 mdia guide the only Hills we have had were Donnie, Ken, and Marc

We didn't end up signing Hill. We drafted him and couldn't sign him. He ended up holding out for a year, going back into the draft and getting picked by the Cubs. He took almost another year to sign with them, and was traded eventually to Pittsburgh, I think in the Ramirez deal.

That pitcher we picked was declared a free agent on a technicality and signed a big deal with Tampa Bay. I want to say his last name was White, but I can't remember. Hopefully someone can help me out here.

When I went to Ft. Myers this year for the Red Sox spring training, I saw a pirates/red sox game..

When i got Bobby's autograph, I asked him "how'd you like your time in Chicago" and he replied with "love the stadium, love the town, hate the cubs"..

Not that its a bad thing, but he's a perfect White Sox if we didnt have 3 players up the middle for two positions.. Bobby Hill :wub: