Where are the Sox????

Reddy

Black Jack picked us to win the division; we're not surprising him.

Hey, what are you talking about. Don't you know that whenever the media doesn't mention the White Sox they are dissing us. :rolleyes:

Give it a rest people.

1. We are clearly the #2 team in this town and that isn't going to change anytime soon.

2. Nobody cares about the White Sox nationally. We are not a huge story, and we aren't seen as a cinderella by the media. That falls to teams like Detroit and Texas who were supposed to suck but don't.

Well, obviously most sports writers are dumasses and think that there is only 1 baseball team in Chicago...the Cubs

:fyou Media!

You know what, they fill up their ballpark and more people in Chicago and around the nation care about them. The media's job is not to cater to teams with smaller fan bases. They want the big stories which is why you see them always reporting about the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, etc.

Ok then...that was first I saw green since I came here so, my mistake then :unsure:

You've been here since April 1st, and have 165 posts here.

That is so NOT the first time you've seen green on here. :nono

And who gives a s*** what the media thinks? When the media actually does care, they rip us to shreds for no reason(Mariotti?????? Thank you very much). I hate to beat a dead horse and sound goofy, but what did media attention get us in 01? 02? 03? What did a lack of media attention get us in 2000?

I rest my case.

Hey, both WGN and ABC Chicago news put the Sox as their first story in the sports report. That must mean that the Sox have become Chicago's #1 team.

We all know who the REAL team in Chicago is. I think it's kinda good that the media isn't heavily spreading the word, because our beloved can have an easier time sneaking up on teams...like they're doing thus far this year! These teams don't know what hit them until it's too late and another "w" is put on the board for the south siders.

They'll give us the lauds come October though! :headbang