Willie (Mays) Harris

greg775

Harris got two more hits tonight.

Is he becoming a big league hitter?

p.s. How good was Uribe's play to end the game.

I didn't see the highlights. Was it a bullet to short??

Uribe made a great play - it was an awkwardly hit ball and he grabbed it and flipped to harris perfectly

Harris is proving to be a solid major league hitter thus far.

I still say we trade Lee for a starter, put Jose back at SS, Uribe to 2B, and Harris to CF with Rowand shifting over to LF which can potentially open up a spot for Jeremy Reed is needed...but maybe that's just me.

Harris is proving to be a solid major league hitter thus far.

I still say we trade Lee for a starter, put Jose back at SS, Uribe to 2B, and Harris to CF with Rowand shifting over to LF which can potentially open up a spot for Jeremy Reed is needed...but maybe that's just me.

It is just you. :rolleyes:

Harris got two more hits tonight.

Is he becoming a big league hitter?

p.s. How good was Uribe's play to end the game.

I didn't see the highlights. Was it a bullet to short??

Harris finally hit. Woo, hoo, notice my enthusiasm. I can't stand him, I want him to lead off, and get on. Thats the lead off hitters job. I thought my dad was crazy when he preferred Lofton over him, but now I know what he says is right. Lets compare stats. Willie Harris hits much less than Lofton did.

-As for the Uribe play, that was a regular ground ball that was hit IMO.

Harris finally hit. Woo, hoo, notice my enthusiasm. I can't stand him, I want him to lead off, and get on. Thats the lead off hitters job. I thought my dad was crazy when he preferred Lofton over him, but now I know what he says is right. Lets compare stats. Willie Harris hits much less than Lofton did.

-As for the Uribe play, that was a regular ground ball that was hit IMO.

You're dad is wrong. Lofton is washed up or on the decline (see Robbie Alomar). Willie may never be a Lofton in his prime, but then again he just might. One thing for certain, Lofton won't find the fountain of youth and be the KL of old.

You're dad is wrong.  Lofton is washed up or on the decline (see Robbie Alomar).  Willie may never be a Lofton in his prime, but then again he just might.  One thing for certain, Lofton won't find the fountain of youth and be the KL of old.

Too bad for Steinbrenner isn't it. :lol:

You're dad is wrong.  Lofton is washed up or on the decline (see Robbie Alomar).  Willie may never be a Lofton in his prime, but then again he just might.  One thing for certain, Lofton won't find the fountain of youth and be the KL of old.

Kenny Lofton dogs it when he has nothing ot play for.

With us he was mediocre, then went to the Giants and was outstanding, almost winning the Series. With Pirates, he was mediocre, then almost single-handedly revived the Cubs, leading them to 4 outs away from the Series.

He's old, but I wouldn't say he's done -- my guess they're saving him for September-October when Derek Jeter leading off thing won't be working.

Uribe made a great play - it was an awkwardly hit ball and he grabbed it and flipped to harris perfectly

The reason why it was a "great" play was because it was a big play, the last out. The ball was hit pretty hard but it was only about 4 feet to his left; he took a bad route to it and had to catch the ball behind him. Uribe unnecessarily made it look tough.

Jose made 3 plays like that in KC opening series -- did you call them "great" then? Yep, I thought so. :lol:

I think Willie is DEFINITELY on track to becoming a solid, big-league hitter. I used to be convinced that he was nothing more than a AAAA player, but since he's gotten regular PT, I've seen him A) Work a walk from a 2-strike count at least two times this year, B) take short, quick swings that turn into opposite-field singles, and C) Use the bunt effectively, for hits as well as moving runners over. He's putting it together, it would be a shame to see him get bumped when Jose comes back. IMO, Jose stays on the bench until Willie/Uribe play themselves out of the lineup. That lefty, power-hitting bat would be very useful in late inning pinch-hitting situations.