IP- 151.1

HITS- 114

EARNED RUNS- 62

HR- 12

SO- 122

WHIP- 1.3

BA- career- .209

2003- .139

I don't understand how you can tell me there isn't room for him in the pen.

I'm going to talk to Kelly on Saturday at the Knights game to see if I can get a sense from him what the deal is...He's a very approachable and nice guy and I am surprised that after all he has done for the Sox (like what he did at Soxfest) that he is being treated this way...I really feel for him because the guy is a good pitcher and a class act.

I wasn't aware of any rift between him and KW. What happened?

Nothing. There is no rift. FWIW, I have heard that there is a personal matter in Kelly and his wife's life right now that is more important than baseball.. and the Sox are letting them deal with that while in Charlotte.

I wish the White Sox would hold the same standards in a way for the Jose situation. Sure Jose still has a spot on this team, and bringing him back up is different than Wunsch, but Jose shouldn't just be handed his job back. It isn't broke, so don't mess with it.

Lets face it, Uribe and Willie are our middle infielders next year, so keep them together until one stops rolling.

I'm going to talk to Kelly on Saturday at the Knights game to see if I can get a sense from him what the deal is...He's a very approachable and nice guy and I am surprised that after all he has done for the Sox (like what he did at Soxfest) that he is being treated this way...I really feel for him because the guy is a good pitcher and a class act.

He screwed KW by announcing an injury when he was days away from being dealt. Baseball is a business and what Wunsch did was bush. He deserves what he is getting...and it's unfortunate. I liked Kelly.

The Major thing that Kenny has against Kelly is.... he's takes up a roster spot, because he usually only pitches to one or two batters... KW and Oz want someone who can pitch innings in that pen, and I dont think Kelly is that man.

Atleast this is what I heard from somone who i hold in high regard.

Guys, I'm gonna take the flip side here. I've seen Kenny talk with Kelly before and the two seemed to have a joking type of relationship and really seemed to get along.

I think their is more to this then we see, but I don't think it has anything to do with Kenny being upset with Kelly. Just my 2 cents and I'm basing it on one thing I've seen, so take it for what its worth.

Hey Dylan, what deal was in place for Wunsch before he faked an injury?

I don't believe the claim is that he "faked" an injury, merely that he made a condition known that may have hindered his tradability.

If it's true (I don't know that it is), I have yet to fully decide whether I'd call Kelly "bush" or not. I'd rather have both clubs dealing honestly instead of hiding something they knew about and have it turn into another Sirotka incident. Sure, the clubs are supposed to have their own doctors examine the players and declare them healthy, but I don't like the idea of a club trying to knowingly move damaged goods. Do that a couple of times and you'll burn bridges with the other GMs.

Nothing. There is no rift. FWIW, I have heard that there is a personal matter in Kelly and his wife's life right now that is more important than baseball.. and the Sox are letting them deal with that while in Charlotte.

That makes the most sense to me

Wunsch is very good, but i think we're fine in the pen without him now and in the future. With that being said, he could get us a decent player or two and losing him might not be a bad thing.

Also, i'm trying to figure out 'FWIW'....i cant, lol. What does it mean?

Wunsch is very good, but i think we're fine in the pen without him now and in the future. With that being said, he could get us a decent player or two and losing him might not be a bad thing.

Also, i'm trying to figure out 'FWIW'....i cant, lol. What does it mean?

i'd have to agree. losing him or carlos wouldnt be that big of a deal to me as long as we get some solid guys in return.

If anyone else can't figure some of these, here is a thread from way back where gash made a couple posts that were, to put quite simply, interesting.

Linky

PS - Just so you can prepare yourself...one of the posts involves Cleveland Steamers and those types of things :D

What kind of injury did he sustain last year? Any lasting effect?

Here are his numbers from March 1 through May 23 (including thin Arizona air):

25 innings....7 hits....7 walks....27 K.....0.00 ERA

Basically untouchable when healthy. Just sick.

People cry about "wasting" a roster spot.....Hey, guess what? If RH's can't touch Shingo and LH's can't touch Wunsch.....who cares if they only end up pitching 40 innings each.

If Sox are to have a two-headed flame throwing closer in Politte and Marte, why not have a two-headed junkballer set-up man?

Is it THAT much important to have AAAA Gload or AAAA Burke on the bench?

What kind of injury did he sustain last year? Any lasting effect?

Here are his numbers from March 1 through May 23 (including thin Arizona air):

25 innings....7 hits....7 walks....27 K.....0.00 ERA

Basically untouchable when healthy.  Just sick.

People cry about "wasting" a roster spot.....Hey, guess what? If RH's can't touch Shingo and LH's can't touch Wunsch.....who cares if they only end up pitching 40 innings each. 

If Sox are to have a two-headed flame throwing closer in Politte and Marte, why not have a two-headed junkballer set-up man? 

Is it THAT much important to have AAAA Gload or AAAA Burke on the bench?

:notworthy