Gibberish Split

Chisoxfn

Guillermo Reyes Demoted to Birmingham

By Jason Gage

May 4, 2004

FutureSox.com

The Charlotte Knights sent shortstop Guillermo Reyes back to the Birmingham Barons to make room for Dan Wright, who was optioned to the minors after making his last start for the White Sox.

Wright struggled in the Sox rotation going 0-4 with an 8.15 ERA. The Sox hope Wright can regain the form which helped him win the job this spring. If he can, he will likely rejoin the White Sox when they need a full time 5th starter. Danny made 15 starts for the Knights last season after spending all of 2002 with the White Sox.

Reyes joined the Knights on April 20th when Kelly Dransfeldt was promoted to Chicago after Jose Valentin was placed on the disabled list. Valentin will be back in Chicago by the end of the week and is currently on a rehab stint in Charlotte. Dransfeldt will likely be back in Charlotte at the end of the week, where he will take over the starting duties once again. Reyes hit .083 in 4 games for the Knigts.

Are you s***ting me?

Guillermo Reyes Sent Back Down to Birmingham

Reyes demoted to make room for Wright

By Danny Santaromita

With pitcher Dan Wright sent down to Charlotte shortstop Guillermo Reyes was sent back to AA Birmingham to make room on the Knights' roster. Reyes took the place of fellow shortstop Kelly Dransfeldt on April 20 when Dransfeldt was called up to the White Sox. Reyes posted a dismal .083 batting average in his four games with the Knights.

Reyes was only batting .143 in Birmingham in fourteen at-bats. Last season the 22 year-old switch-hitter bat .210 with 34 RBI and 15 stolen bases. Red hot Mike Morse has been playing shortstop for the Barons and should remain the starter. Reyes could be featured as a utility man behind Morse and 2nd baseman Ruddy Yan. Reyes played two games at 2nd when Yan was nursing an early season shoulder injury.

Delete it if you want Jas. I got some stuff in mine that you don't and vise versa so try and combine 'em.