• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how it ended: :headbang

Bottom 16th B:0 S:0 O:0

Randy Winn hit by pitch.

Bottom 16th B:1 S:0 O:0

Ichiro Suzuki singles on a line drive to right fielder Jacque Jones. Randy Winn to 3rd.

Scott Spiezio reaches on a fielder's choice, fielded by first baseman Doug Mientkiewicz. Randy Winn scores. Ichiro Suzuki to 2nd.

I just watched the highlights on ESPN, and Minnesota was screwed on three home plate calls: twice a twin scored and was called out, and the final run in the game Winn looked out but was called safe.....

Despite that, Sox are where they belong: in first place. :cheers

:fthecubs

It might be awhile before I start another game thread. This was my 1st, and I think I've been tramautized for life. :lol:

It's been fun people. Good night.

But it wasn't even a rundown.

From what I could tell, Guzman was straight stealing, and got to 2B, and thought Ichiro had caught that ball, so he started to run back to 1B, and was forced out at 2B after realizing what a dolt he really was for doing that.

Boone strikes out

For anyone who didn't see it, it was the worst baserunning play I've ever seen (I missed Ruben Rivera's play with SF last year or two years ago). He was stealing second, and Doug roped a hard line drive basehit (sort of) and when Guzman TOUCHES second, he sees Ichiro holding the ball, thinking he caught it, retreats to first . Ichiro throws to second for the force. Doug gets a FC and an 0-1 on his solid hit. f***er.