Cinco de Mayo Game Thread

HighHeat45

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a team that plans to "run all year long", our base-runners get supringly sloppy with their basestealing, something you can see on replays in particular.

Olivo, Uribe, Magglio...short lead + slow to read the pitcher = a lot of caught stealing in the future.

Who is teaching these baserunners, Ozzie? :lol:

Hey two OT questions here:

In the Sporting News, talking about Scott Schoenwies, they said he's added a sinker that's helped him out a lot. I just want to know because for MVP I don't have him with a sinker, but they said he's got a real good sinker. Can anyone comment on that?

And, what does Diaz throw? How high is his fastball velocity-wise? Does he get hitters out more on pure stuff, control/movement, or just throwing it by hitters?

Thanks for anyone who helps clarify.

El Royals es terrible. Llano y simple, son tigres de esta Detroit de los años.

Cool, I actually understood that. Maybe my Espanol 3 class is helping out.

I think the Royals have a solid lineup, but their only good starter who can be consistent IMO is Gobble, and he's still young and unproven.

Hey two OT questions here:

In the Sporting News, talking about Scott Schoenwies, they said he's added a sinker that's helped him out a lot.  I just want to know because for MVP I don't have him with a sinker, but they said he's got a real good sinker.  Can anyone comment on that?

And, what does Diaz throw?  How high is his fastball velocity-wise?  Does he get hitters out more on pure stuff, control/movement, or just throwing it by hitters?

Thanks for anyone who helps clarify.

Las echadas que Scott agregó eran el cortador y el cambio.

Las echadas que Scott agregó eran el cortador y el cambio.

The pitches that Scott throws are the cutter and the changeup?

Cambiar = to change, so I'm assuming Changeup is cambio.

Cortador kind of looks like Cut, so cutter.

Can I get a Si o un No, senor?

Just wanted to let everyone know that from now on any post concerning the game belongs in the game thread and not on the PHT board...That is why some of the threads popping up during the games that particularly pertain to the game are being merged into here.

Two straight nights that the defense plays like absolute s***. Now Buehrle walks Mora.

In my book, this is not a first place ball club, not with this s*** defense and s*** clutch hitting.

Now the game is tied, but at least their is one out.

Well they get out of it with minimal damage I guess. I just can't get over it. Last night the Sox f*** around with runners on whe they could of blown the game open and then they piss it away with piss poor defense.

Tonight they have been better with runners on (thus far)...how couldn't they be, but they once again have an awful inning and Buehrle had to throw an extra 15-20 pitches because of it and the O's get 2 runs on what should of been a one two three inning.