Cinco de Mayo Game Thread

HighHeat45

Ordonez and Lee have been anti-clutch lately. Include Frank in there too. If we want to win, our big-bats need to step up. I can understand if you're going through a cold spell, but even then you need come up with a clutch hit here and there...

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Maggs isn't seeing the ball and Carlos is trying to pull the ball all the time.  ALthough when he flew out in the 1st inning it appeared that he was trying to go to right.

I dont know, I've seen Carlos try to go opposite field at least once a game, but the other at bats are just full out swing for the fences. Hopefully he tries to cut down a bit until he starts getting singles before he swings dead red.

Just got home from my baseball game and not too happy with what I see. Can someone quickly give a short recap of how we scored? Thanks in advance.

Miguel Olivo singled in two, Konerko and Perez.

Os loaded the bases. Mora walked, scoring one, Tejada sac flied, scoring another.

Gibbons homered, making it 3-2 Os. Sorry that I didn't include innings.

Just got home from my baseball game and not too happy with what I see. Can someone quickly give a short recap of how we scored? Thanks in advance.

En el segundo, Pauly condujo apagado con una caminata. Timo dobló. Pauly debe haber anotado. Ambos anotados en un basehit de Olivo. ¿Olivo consiguió escogido apagado en a botched golpe y funcionamiento? En cuanto cómo anotaron -- a él eran fea otra vez -- no mucha defensa que era jugada y Gibbons Homered

I dont know, I've seen Carlos try to go opposite field at least once a game, but the other at bats are just full out swing for the fences.  Hopefully he tries to cut down a bit until he starts getting singles before he swings dead red.

I'd ship his ass out. Put Reed in left, shift Willie to CF, Jose at SS, and Juan at 2nd.

Rowand and Timo backing up or what not. For Lee I'd look for a stud pitcher. You could get someone like Odalis Perez or Freddy Garcia and the salaries would match.

Although I realize Carlos will figure things out. I'm really frustrated with the team though.

Miguel Olivo singled in two, Konerko and Perez.

Os loaded the bases.  Mora walked, scoring one, Tejada sac flied, scoring another.

Gibbons homered, making it 3-2 Os.  Sorry that I didn't include innings.

Thanks. Good to see MO getting two rbi, and the bases loaded situation not blow up on the Sox.

I'd ship his ass out.  Put Reed in left, shift Willie to CF, Jose at SS, and Juan at 2nd. 

Rowand and Timo backing up or what not.  For Lee I'd look for a stud pitcher.  You could get someone like Odalis Perez or Freddy Garcia and the salaries would match. 

Although I realize Carlos will figure things out.  I'm really frustrated with the team though.

Well, dont get frustrated eneugh to start "trade Carlos" ideas. You should know as well as anyone that Carlos always starts off slow in April. He'll warm up as the season goes along, its all about timing right now, and im VERY confident the Carlos that we know will show up very soon!

My main flaw comes that i just don't like how right handed and power happy this team is in general and it seems like Carlos is the most homer happy.

Plus, I think the addition of say Freddy Garcia would be much bigger then what we would lose in having Willie and Reed playing every day.

If the Sox could move Konerko instead, I'd say fine by me or if they could use Jose as bait instead fine too.