Cinco de Mayo Game Thread

HighHeat45

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My main flaw comes that i just don't like how right handed and power happy this team is in general and it seems like Carlos is the most homer happy. 

Plus, I think the addition of say Freddy Garcia would be much bigger then what we would lose in having Willie and Reed playing every day. 

If the Sox could move Konerko instead, I'd say fine by me or if they could use Jose as bait instead fine too.

Meh.... Who would you stick at first? I think we all know Ross Gload wouldn't be able to handle the first base duties - don't get me wrong, I like Ross, but he's a utility player and a nice lefty bat to have off the bench. That's all.

If we could get Lee for Garcia straight up - and if this Sox organization believe Reed is ready to handle the big leagues, that's a pretty hard deal to pass up, especially for a guy with Garcia's stuff.

Reed in left, Harris in center, as well as Valentin at short. Our lineup now is a little bit faster, a little better at just getting contact, and a little bit less right handed heavy.

Carlos, you suck.

..... Im not about to try to tell everyone thats he's not having a bad 1st 5 weeks, but he's far from sucking. I'd be stunned if he keeps this up for much longer. Im sure everyone was telling him that he sucked last year in early May, and he ended up being our best player...

..... Im not about to try to tell everyone thats he's not having a bad 1st 5 weeks, but he's far from sucking.  I'd be stunned if he keeps this up for much longer.  Im sure everyone was telling him that he sucked last year in early May, and he ended up being our best player...

I didn't mean that he isn't capable, I mean that he has done jacks*** so far this year.

Meh....  Who would you stick at first?  I think we all know Ross Gload wouldn't be able to handle the first base duties - don't get me wrong, I like Ross, but he's a utility player and a nice lefty bat to have off the bench.  That's all.

If we could get Lee for Garcia straight up - and if this Sox organization believe Reed is ready to handle the big leagues, that's a pretty hard deal to pass up, especially for a guy with Garcia's stuff. 

Reed in left, Harris in center, as well as Valentin at short.  Our lineup now is a little bit faster, a little better at just getting contact, and a little bit less right handed heavy.

I'd stick Carlos on 1st and would let Thomas play first too. First isn't that tough of a position and I'd think Carlos could pick it up pretty easily. Then I'd have Willie in cf and Reed in left.

I don't really care which of the two would be gone, Garcia would give us a stellar, still young, right hander, who has pitched in some pressure games.

Garcia had a down year last year, but he's back.

I didn't mean that he isn't capable, I mean that he has done jacks*** so far this year.

Well i know i've seen worse starts than a .250 avg, 4 HR, 10 RBI, and 2 SB (Should be 3). So he hasnt really sucked that bad!

If you meant that he isnt playing to his potential, put "You suck temporarily!!!" :)

I'd stick Carlos on 1st and would let Thomas play first too.  First isn't that tough of a position and I'd think Carlos could pick it up pretty easily. Then I'd have Willie in cf and Reed in left. 

I don't really care which of the two would be gone, Garcia would give us a stellar, still young, right hander, who has pitched in some pressure games.

Garcia had a down year last year, but he's back.

I shoudl add, neither Konerko or Lee are worth what they will be paid. I like both of them, but if the Sox fail to sign Maggs, who is a true superstar, it will be because of those two awful signings and thats something I don't want to see.

Maggs is a guy you can stick in the 3 hole and forget about. He does everything good and can carry a club. Carlos isn't quite in that role because he, while he works hard defensively, will never be much of an outfielder.

I give him credit for busting his ass, but he has poor range and a weaksauce arm with a slow release.

I shoudl add, neither Konerko or Lee are worth what they will be paid.  I like both of them, but if the Sox fail to sign Maggs, who is a true superstar, it will be because of those two awful signings and thats something I don't want to see.

Maggs is a guy you can stick in the 3 hole and forget about.  He does everything good and can carry a club.  Carlos isn't quite in that role because he, while he works hard defensively, will never be much of an outfielder. 

I give him credit for busting his ass, but he has poor range and a weaksauce arm with a slow release.

Good point. Lee received a pretty bad contract, especially with guys like Reed, and possibly even Borchard waiting in the wings.

Good play Crede, they come home and get Roberts!

EDIT: And let me add that good hitting firstbasemen are, as they say, a dime a dozen.

I shoudl add, neither Konerko or Lee are worth what they will be paid.  I like both of them, but if the Sox fail to sign Maggs, who is a true superstar, it will be because of those two awful signings and thats something I don't want to see.

Maggs is a guy you can stick in the 3 hole and forget about.  He does everything good and can carry a club.  Carlos isn't quite in that role because he, while he works hard defensively, will never be much of an outfielder. 

Did you not see Carlos gun it to home against Toronto on a Sac fly.... perfect throw with no bounce....

Alltthhouuughh... he did have forward momentum on a line shot and yada yada yada... ok fine! :angry: