Make it once or always come close

whitesox247

once or never  

23 members have voted

1. 1. once or never

• Make playoffs every year but never win ws
    • Make ws now and suck afterwards

Would you rather see the sox win it all this year and suck afterwards (marlins) or see the sox make playoffs nearly every year from now but never win the ws (similar to braves)

I would rather see them win it all right now, and that would probably be enough for my lifetime, instead of breaking my heart every year. :rolleyes:

Would you rather see the sox win it all this year and suck afterwards (marlins) or see the sox make playoffs nearly every year from now but never win the ws (similar to braves)

I would rather see them win it all right now, and that would probably be enough for my lifetime, instead of breaking my heart every year. :rolleyes:

I have been a Sox fan my entire life ... I was 2 years old when they last went to the Series. I would love to experience, one time, what it would be like for the team that I have lived and died with more than any other, to actually win it all.

a chocie between having a Braces like history and be in the playoffs every year and have a well respected team every year or a Marlins history and win once and suck afterwards -

no choice at all, the Braves like history. I wouldn't want a team that sucked every year. I would rather be dissapointed with an annual playoff loss than have a cubs like history of continued failure.

yes we'd be well respected if we made playoffs every year, but no one would actually take us seriously. Everyone sees how great the Braves play in the regular season, and eveyrone sees how they fail in the postseason. I would rather win it all every 50 years than getting my heart broken year after year. World series win every 50 years, it would be something more worth celebrating and much more memorable, dont ya think?

I would rather win it all every 50 years than getting my heart broken year after year.

so we win in 2003, and then for the next 49 years would be happy to have a cubs like record? Every year, year in and year out, suck? For 49 years?

I am 50 years old. I may never see a world series title in my life but I'd sure as hell prefer to be in the playoffs every year rarther than suck for 49 years. If we had the Faustian choice, as we are presented with it here, I'd rather be good all the time than suck for 49 years, having a clue of how long that is.

I would rather win it all every 50 years than getting my heart broken year after year.

so we win in 2003, and then for the next 49 years would be happy to have a cubs like record? Every year, year in and year out, suck? For 49 years?

I am 50 years old. I may never see a world series title in my life but I'd sure as hell prefer to be in the playoffs every year rarther than suck for 49 years. If we had the Faustian choice, as we are presented with it here, I'd rather be good all the time than suck for 49 years, having a clue of how long that is.

Now i admit im way too young to realize how long 49 years really is, but consider this...you would make it every year, but every single year, you come THIS close to wining it all, but you never quite did it. People look to see who went to the ws, who wins it all, and in the record book, the sox's last ws will still remain at 1959. you would torture yourself every year, and pretty soon you will probably not even care at all. but its ur opinion, and i respect that

I really don't know which way to go on this one. On one hand I would love to see the Sox win a World Series because just getting to the playoffs only means that you were one of the best of the losers. On the other hand it would probably drive me insane watching a losing team year in and year out after the big win. Where is the Sox win the world series every year choice I want to pick that one.

Dammit, how come no one ever suggests us becoming like what the Yankees were from 1996-2001....reaching the Series in 5 out of the 6 years and winning it 4 times....that kind of thing pisses me off. We don't HAVE to be the Braves or the Marlins....we COULD be the Yankees.

Dammit, how come no one ever suggests us becoming like what the Yankees were from 1996-2001....reaching the Series in 5 out of the 6 years and winning it 4 times....that kind of thing pisses me off.  We don't HAVE to be the Braves or the Marlins....we COULD be the Yankees.

yes but if i did that as a choice, there wouldnt be much choice anymore would there? :P

Dammit, how come no one ever suggests us becoming like what the Yankees were from 1996-2001....reaching the Series in 5 out of the 6 years and winning it 4 times....that kind of thing pisses me off.  We don't HAVE to be the Braves or the Marlins....we COULD be the Yankees.

Yeah, Im with wsf. We can just kick everyones ass and win it all every year! WE ARE THE MOTHERf***ING YANKEES!

Guest hotsoxchick1

one before i die would be nice.... if they can squeeze more out of it that wouldnt hurt.......but i want at least one.. i have been waiting over 40 years for it............

Dammit, how come no one ever suggests us becoming like what the Yankees were from 1996-2001....reaching the Series in 5 out of the 6 years and winning it 4 times....that kind of thing pisses me off.  We don't HAVE to be the Braves or the Marlins....we COULD be the Yankees.

yes but if i did that as a choice, there wouldnt be much choice anymore would there? :P

Still, I'm with Witesoxfan. I'm up for a new category. Lets be like the YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say 10 straight World Series. :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1
i will donate all my organs and be cremated to save precious burial grounds

i have been on the organ donor list for years now... and i plan to be cremated and my ashes spread on comiskey park..(preferably rf) so i will be there for a world series one way or another............ :D