KW going after Freddy Garcia again...

RudyLawRules

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THE WHITE SOXS SUCK MY ASS  :angry:  :fyou  :finger

I'm glad to see that Jerry Manuel has figured out how to use a computer and log in. At least he's developed some new job skills.

I love trolls like this, knowing that they will be bye-bye in minutes.

I mean,

THEY DON"T SUCK!! YOU SUCK!!

:lolhitting

Hmm interestin, could this mean sum1 like Borchard or Rauch could be goin in a trade possibly?  :o

I'd have no problem with that, although I'm guessing at least one contract would be involved. Hmm, could Jose be part of the deal? Or would it be Carlos or Konerko.

I was listening to the Twins/Mariners game last night via the internet. Garcia pitched spectacular and during the postgame they couldn't stop raving about him and neither could the callers. Most of the calls that came in were asking if they could get Beltran for him. The announcers didn't seem to think it was such a big improbability, but then again what do they really know. However, I think his price tag is very high at the moment.

I like it a lot but the only problem is if we have to give up our anymore of our farm system. we've already depleted in trades last year so i guess it depends on who its for

A bunch of early draft picks will help. I dont think this one would involve kids. I think it would be for someone or two who are already on our major league roster. JMO. I do like it though, especially if we can lock him up long term. I dont want a Sidney Ponson to the Giants deal like last year just to have him go back afterwards.

No one wants Kelly Dransfeldt.

For a deal like that to work, you're gonna have to give up Honel, Sweeney/Reed/Anderson, and that's not going to happen...

Seattle isnt giving up those guys for Borchard, Dransfelt and other minor league hitters besides our big guns...

Sweeney and Anderson cant be traded yet anyways, correct?

I was also thinkin that maybe we can deal Jose to the cubs for matt clement. Clement has pretty much been told he isnt coming back with the cubs next year no matter how good he does and Jose is probably not coming back with the sox, This way when prior comes back the cubs could still use mitre or call up their stud prospect Angel Guzman (i think thats his name) from AAA.

One more thing to factor when thinking of these kind of deals.  At least until the deadline, the Sox are overbudget and are not going to add salaries.  Now back to your regularly scheduled specatiting.

yea, true so clement would be too much $

how does Mitre and some AAA prospect sound. That would cut alot of salary and give us a fairly good SP, Mitre is better than we will get out of wright or Diaz IMO.

People think we can get alot more out of jose but i dont know, he's never gunna win a gold glove or hit over 300, and with his K's would fit nicely on the northside ;)

how does Mitre and some AAA prospect sound. That would cut alot of salary and give us a fairly good SP, Mitre is better than we will get out of wright or Diaz IMO.

People think we can get alot more out of jose but i dont know, he's never gunna win a gold glove or hit over 300, and with his K's would fit nicely on the northside ;)

I'd rather keep Jose then get Mitre.

Share share...

school ended and now im drunk, but Britney Spears supposedly had sex with a dancer at some party in a bathroom. Conan O'Brien followed it up with a joke about how she would lip sync even the "oohs and ahhs" of her time in the bathroom..

Mitre is another overhyped cub prospect along the lines of many other. If Reed, Honel, or now Diaz were with the cub they would have stories on the back page of the weekly cub update in the trib.

Everyone should keep in mind Garcia is in a contract year, so you don't give up too much for the guy. I like the idea of acquiring him, especially since I feel we have a good chance to resign him. Who knows, it's these kind of moves that may have Maggs wanting to stick around. We'll see, but whether Maggs walks or not, I wouldn't mind having this guy in the rotation. He could realistically be a legitimate ace.

i think mags staying depends solely on how much reinsdorf is going to pay him. sure, getting garcia would help, but there are NO guarantees he'll be here next year, or even pitch well enough to warrant a new contract. hopefully, he'll keep pitching well, he seems to have beaten his previous struggles with his vertigo. but what makes garcia any more attractive than last year's deadline acquisitions?

losing carlos to get garcia is not worth it.