can we pls get ride of valentin

soxfan420

Speaking of "20-25 errors".....Ozzie Smith had 6 seasons with 20+ errors. Aparicio had 10 seasons with 20+ errors, including 2 with 30+.......Those two happen to be HOF'ers.

Having said that, there is no excuse for taking your eye off the ball. Delgado was half way down the line and with the shift, the 1B bag was right there.    When he made a tough play on a line-drive in the very next inning, I was like, "The tough one you make, but the routine grounder is dropped"....lmao

That reminds me of Willie Harris not getting his ass over to 1B in Baltimore. Complacecy kills.

And another thing to add to your great comments.

Derek "f***ing" Jeter's average errors per year is 24. And he's one the so called "top" Shortstops in the AL

And another thing to add to your great comments.

Derek "f***ing" Jeter's average errors per year is 24. And he's one the so called "top" Shortstops in the AL

Well normally I would say that you made a good point but your talking about a team whose CFer Bernie Williams has won multiple Gold gloves and most who understand how to play CF will tell you he is know better than an average CFer who often misplays fly balls and takes bad angles...

Therefore taking Derek Jeter as an example doesnt really hold water...being that most scouts will also tell you hes the second best SS on his team right now...

I know that Jose has great range on defense, he's a great personality in the clubhouse, has a great mustache, blah blah blah, etc. But I still boo that man wholeheartedly from my living room.

I really like Valentin as a person, though. I'll never forget that standup comedy routine that he did back in 2000. He said something along the lines of this: "Here in Chicago, we have Dog Day once a year. But in Milwaukee, every day was Dog Day". :lol: I can't believe that he'd just call out Wisconsin women like that.

I know that Jose has great range on defense, he's a great personality in the clubhouse, has a great mustache, blah blah blah, etc.  But I still boo that man wholeheartedly from my living room. 

I really like Valentin as a person, though.  I'll never forget that standup comedy routine that he did back in 2000.  He said something along the lines of this: "Here in Chicago, we have Dog Day once a year.  But in Milwaukee, every day was Dog Day". :lol: I can't believe that he'd just call out Wisconsin women like that.

It holds water cause people here are complaining about the Number of Errors. If Jose only field balls one step to each side then i'm sure his errors could be counted by the fingers on a hand.

It holds water cause people here are complaining about the Number of Errors. If Jose only field balls one step to each side then i'm sure his errors could be counted by the fingers on a hand.

LOL....Now if you actually watched and observed White Sox Baseball...you would notice the vast majority of his errors are on the most routine ground balls hit to him...Perhaps that is reason he is sometimes SOOO very frustrating....I.E. Last nights error hit almost directly to him one step to his right...Granted he was playing on the second base side (shift for Delgado) but the play was quite routine.

I guess I'm too much of a simpleton (not singleton) to understand the "range factor" in its entirety but I do see what I see....

LOL....Now if you actually watched and observed White Sox Baseball...you would notice the vast majority of his errors are on the most routine ground balls hit to him...Perhaps that is reason he is sometimes SOOO very frustrating....I.E. Last nights error hit almost directly to him one step to his right...Granted he was playing on the second base side (shift for Delgado) but the play was quite routine.

I guess I'm too much of a simpleton (not singleton) to understand the "range factor" in its entirety but I do see what I see....

How much have you watched??

Maybe since 2000?

FIne you all know it all.

The sox sould bring back slappy Caruso and that will give you some thing more to b**** about. Or hey maybe the Dibber (Ahhh don't think you've never seen him) and then you'll be calling out for the sox to have Jose VALENTIN in your dreams..

Have a nice day

:bang

Of course I am another who would love to see him gone. I wouldn't mind at all a Valentin for Carlos Guillen trade (once the tigers are out of it of course.)

Valentin for Guillen? Let's just let them rape us in the ass and not do anything about it. That's worse then highway robbery. Hell, I'd rather trade Foulke for Koch again instead of make that trade, even knowing that Koch would be awful last year and Foulke would be awesome.

Guillen can't hold Valentin's jock. And if you can't hold Valentin's jock, you f***ing suck ass.

Guillen can't hold Valentin's jock.  And if you can't hold Valentin's jock, you f***ing suck ass.

I'm sorry I'm not on Valentin's nuts like you are but I wouldn't mind that trade at all. Or as DBAHO said A Valentin/Cabrera trade would work as well, given that both hit for average, have pop in their bats, and are solid defensively. (and of course don't strikeout much) They can also steal bases (which Ozzie likes) and are both young.

I'm sorry I'm not on Valentin's nuts like you are but I wouldn't mind that trade at all. Or as DBAHO said A Valentin/Cabrera trade would work as well, given that both hit for average, have pop in their bats, and are solid defensively. (and of course don't strikeout much) They can also steal bases (which Ozzie likes) and are both young.

I'm on no one's nuts. I just use common sense and realize that Jose Valentin brings a hell of a lot more to the table then Carlos Guillen.

And why would we get Orlando Cabrera? He probably costs more this year and will cost more to retain, not to mention that Jose's career OPS is better then Cabrera's(.775 to .732), has had a higher OPS in 4 of the last 5 years(with last year being the only year Cabrera has EVER cracked the .800 barrier, and he barely did that by getting .807...Jose's two best years he has had .835 and .845, and he hasn't been below .765 since 1998 when he hit .224 for the entire year), though both do have equally good range, both make errors(Cabrera had 18 last year and 29 the previous year, and Jose has had 20 and 36 respectfully in his last two full years at SS).

Basically, I'm asking, what does Orlando Cabrera bring to the table that Jose Valentin does not or that we don't already have? We have steals...Harris steals bases, Uribe steals, Rowand steals, Olivo steals, Lee can swipe a base now and then, hell, Valentin can even steal a base occasionally too. We have right-handed power, and we have all kinds of it. We have good hitters. We have a good defensive SS. Cabrera brings nothing that we don't have.

So why trade for him?

And in the offseason, if we can get him for $5 mill a year, I'd probably take him. If he's $6-7 mill a year, like I think he'll get...resign Jose and spend the money elsewhere.

How much have you watched??

Maybe since 2000?

FIne you all know it all.

The sox sould bring back slappy Caruso and that will give you some thing more to b**** about. Or hey maybe the Dibber (Ahhh don't think you've never seen him) and then you'll be calling out for the sox to have Jose VALENTIN in your dreams..

Have a nice day

:bang

Well in 1983 I would be exactly two years old...For me to say I know who "the dibber" would be just wrong...I know he palyed SS for the 83' Sox Jerry Dybynski? Spelling is probably way off...So he wasnt very good?

I dont see why I have you all worked up to be perfectly honest with you...Aren't we all allowed to have our own opinions?

From reading your posts in the past youve always seemed really reasonable and cool...

And If a Mustachioed man starts infiltrating my dreams I may have to resort to not sleeping at all!!! When Jose can hit .250 plus for a season, consistently get sacrafice bunts down, and worships me for my amazing baseball knowledge (SURE) then maybe I will take back all I have ever said bad about the good ol chap...

LOL