The official Manos sucks thread

WSoxShuf

how can you say that we can't replace jose? his replacement is currently batting .370... and flashing leather like a french model coming out of louis vuitton

UHHHH.....with lines like that your REALLY making me wish you weren't on the same side of the argument as me....

The fact is however while Jose is here he most likely has to play over Willie Harris...He does bring more to the table than Willie....

how can you say that we can't replace jose? his replacement is currently batting .370... and flashing leather like a french model coming out of louis vuitton

Rowand's hitting .240, Lee's hitting .235(Lee's also a RH hitter, something we have too much of as it is, and is making $6.5 mill this year...the only thing he's doing well is taking walks, as he actually has quite a few of them this year with 16).

You move one of those two(personally, I would rather ship out Lee - more value as a player, bigger contract, easily replaceable - but it is total opinion and either could be), put Harris in CF, Uribe at 2B, Valentin at SS...how f***ing hard was that?

And it's not like Uribe is perfect either...his only full year as a SS - 27 errors. How's that for your average, everyday, blind fan statistic. Don't be busting Jose's balls for making errors when Uribe makes just as many :nono

uribe is young, and as you said it was his first year. jose is a veteran and putting up those numbers. i agree with carlos being shipped out because we can fill his shoes. but I disagree with putting willie in center. that would be stupid when we have a player in the minors that could easily take his place. i like willies speed and he seems to be hitting. and i also think more teams would want jose. either way...GET ME PITCHING

go WHITE SOX!!

uribe is young, and as you said it was his first year.  jose is a veteran and putting up those numbers.  i agree with carlos being shipped out because we can fill his shoes.  but I disagree with putting willie in center.  that would be stupid when we have a player in the minors that could easily take his place.  i like willies speed and he seems to be hitting.  and i also think more teams would want jose.  either way...GET ME PITCHING

go WHITE SOX!!

Willie's hitting .267, and I was hoping he would hit .250(BTW, I believe these averages are not including today's games). He drops below .230 into the .220 range, and you bring up Reed. Not until then.

Willie's hitting .267, and I was hoping he would hit .250(BTW, I believe these averages are not including today's games).  He drops below .230 into the .220 range, and you bring up Reed.  Not until then.

you said it buddy. and willie is hitting .278 with his 2-4 performance today. but in my opinion i would want reed in center over willie so we can put him at 2B and use jose and carlos to get a pitcher...unless carlos starts hitting

you said it buddy.  and willie is hitting .278 with his 2-4 performance today.  but in my opinion i would want reed in center over willie so we can put him at 2B and use jose and carlos to get a pitcher...unless carlos starts hitting

Oh, Carlos will start hitting. He's too good not to. But still, he's probably our most tradeable asset. I have two concerns when we talk about the idea of trading Carlos. First, we have to make damn sure we get enough in return. He's too good to trade and get ripped off in the deal. Second, if we trade Carlos, there is no guarantee that we are able to resign Magglio. I would hate to see this lineup play in 2005 without at least one of them.

Oh, Carlos will start hitting.  He's too good not to.  But still, he's probably our most tradeable asset.  I have two concerns when we talk about the idea of trading Carlos.  First, we have to make damn sure we get enough in return.  He's too good to trade and get ripped off in the deal.  Second, if we trade Carlos, there is no guarantee that we are able to resign Magglio.  I would hate to see this lineup play in 2005 without at least one of them.

Reed would take one of the spots, and we would probably be able to sign an outfielder in free agency for about $3 mill like Reggie Sanders or Raul Mondesi, or we could make a big splash and go afta Beltran if he isn't traded bf hittin free agency.

I wouldn't want Lee traded if the Sox couldn't resign Maggs. But both of them are corner OFers [the most replaceable positions on the field]. A cheap FA guy could be signed on the offseason who could do the job if Reed or other prospects weren't up for the job

If Lee was traded and if Maggs decided to bolt for a few extra bucks, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

The fact that Uribe looks like the future SS, and Harris looks like he could do the job at 2B as well, [2 big question marks before the season began] makes a corner OF, DH guy like Lee replaceable.