With the unbalanced schedule:

maggsmaggs

Let's just wait till we play the twinkies and then we can criticize if we want. But until then don't even worry about records. We are a second half team anyway, as it gets hot, so do out bats. These games will prove meaningless in the end; all we have to do is take care of the Twins when we play them.

Games aren't meaningless till homefield has been clinched(with you obviously winning the division), or you are mathematically out of it.

Period.

Agreed. Every game is important. Why can't we just run away with this division? It'd be nice to be able to relax a bit for a month - then again, I don't know if I want a team 'relaxing' before the playoffs.

if we play the west like we have done with the east so far we be fine since this division is going to be won in the central..... the way i look at it who ever takes the season series twins vs whitesox will be the champ.. so as long as we dont get pounded im ok with what we have done so far out of our division

Meaningless games...I've heard it all now.. :lol: :dips***

You do realize that since 1985, only 3 teams that played poorly (I think it's 3 games under .500 or worse) in April, ended up making the playoffs?

Sox have choked and pissed over themselves with stunning regularity in the last 2 years. They've invented new ways to fail. Dunno bot'choo, but I personally do not feel safe with anything less than a 10 game lead on the Twins by the Break. The bigger the lead, the more inclined JR will be to actually spend (read: we need an ace and a stud closer) for a change.

If anything....these "meaning-less" games show the kind of TALENT Sox have. Frankly, I am not impressed. I expected better coming into this season.

Konerko, Lee, Crede, Harris, Garland, Gload, Perez, Rowand, Buerhle, Politte, Koch and even Magglio the Superstar.....Thank God for ALC is all I'm gonna say.

It will be important for this team to kick some serious Tiger ass in the first meeting, just to set them straight. If the Tigers win the first game, or even the first series, the Sox are toast against them the rest of the year. But in the overall picture, I believe all games are important. Sure, it is a 'marathon', but you had better run it fast. And actually, I thik JR will be LESS inclined to trade if we have a big lead, but rather more inclined if the lead is only 2 or 3 games, or if we are behind by only 2 or 3 games.

Brando, why are your expectations so high??

We are what we are, a team capable of finishing

about 12 games over .500 if all goes right.

A team capable of sticking close to .500 if all

goes wrong.

As long as we hang close to the Twinks and take

care of business against them, we'll be OK.

We are not gonna be a dominant team.

Just the way it is.

We ain't got the talent for that.

We're in the Central for goshsakes.