Change-ups

BrandoFan

The Changeup in itself is a good pitch...we just have to learn to avoid the belt high change up that yells hit me hit me hit me all the way to the plate....

At any level a belt high change up gets hit hard...Granted at the major league level it gets hit OUT...

Keep the change down....and it can do wonders...

Schoeneweis threw his changeup alot in ST.  Remember how well that went?

These guys need to take some changeup lessons from Shingo.

No one can throw the frisbee like Shingo.

Don't blame the change; blame the pitcher that hung it high in the zone. That change Cotts threw would have been a fine pitch if he'd kept it down or just threw it in the dirt for the batter to chase. High change-up = HR.

Do I hear an Echo in here???!?!?! :rolleyes:

If if was as simple as that, then Judy would be domiating people with

sinker-change and 4-seamer-curve set-ups.

What pitches does he get hurt on? Hanging Curveballs and Floating Changeups...HIGH IN THE ZONE...it is ALMOST as easy as that....

He does go long stretches in games looking near dominant with his fastball-change...or am I watching a different game?

He does go long stretches in games looking near dominant with his fastball-change...or am I watching a different game?

You are.

There is a reason why Garland could never strike anybody out for a guy who could reach mid-90's on a heater and possesses a tough sinker.

His off-speed arsenal stinks.

You are.

There is a reason why Garland could never strike anybody out for a guy who could reach mid-90's on a heater and possesses a tough sinker.

His off-speed arsenal stinks.

I totally agree...His offspeed pitches are way too inconsistent...

Its funny how were arguing the same point but somehow disagree????

And If you have any Jon Garland footage on tape of him hitting the mid 90's I would love to see... :nono

And If you have any Jon Garland footage on tape of him hitting the mid 90's I would love to see...

He was hitting 93-95 just the other day in Toronto.

He will never be anything other than a solid #4 if either his change or curve don't become a legtimate 'out' pitch.

He will never be anything other than a solid #4 if either his change or curve don't become a legtimate 'out' pitch.

AGREED.....

You would think after 6+ seasons in the minors-majors he could have developed a little something something by now...