Craig Biggio

Personally I thought he was done 2 years when they moved him to CF and he had a sub - standard year by his standards, by he's a real leader on that Astros and a great guy to hav in the clubhouse. Deserves to win a world series. :)

Seriously?  Biggio has had a good career and all, but HOF?

You're kidding, right?

The man plays till he's 40, he'll be around 2,800 hits. 810 career OPS.

400+ steals. 4-time GG'er. 7-time All-Star.

Cake walk.

You're kidding, right?

The man plays till he's 40, he'll be around 2,800 hits. 810 career OPS. 

400+ steals.  4-time GG'er.  7-time All-Star.

Cake walk.

Very much so.

However, if Biggio is in, Larkin is in easily as well.

Of course he is.

Vizquel will be an interesting one.  Prolly will have to wait a bit longer.

That could be a Bill Mazeroski-like wait for Vizquel. He never has been extremely good with the bat(though he has obviously been solid), so he'll get in pretty much solely for his glove, however, I do not think his defense warrants an induction within the first 10 years of eligibility(like Ozzie Smith).

He could be - at the very least, it will be close.

That could be a Bill Mazeroski-like wait for Vizquel.  He never has been extremely good with the bat(though he has obviously been solid), so he'll get in pretty much solely for his glove, however, I do not think his defense warrants an induction within the first 10 years of eligibility(like Ozzie Smith). 

Vizquel is only 37, so he has another 3 years to cement his legacy.

Was Ozzie Smith a better fielder than Vizquel? He sure as hell wasn't a better hitter.

That could be a Bill Mazeroski-like wait for Vizquel.  He never has been extremely good with the bat(though he has obviously been solid), so he'll get in pretty much solely for his glove, however, I do not think his defense warrants an induction within the first 10 years of eligibility(like Ozzie Smith). 

Despite the fact he has the best fielding percentage by a Shortstop in majorleague history?

Personally I think he is more Hall worthy than Barry Larkin but thats just me...Perhaps the best ever at using the barehand to field the baseball

Personally I think he is more Hall worthy than Barry Larkin but thats just me...Perhaps the best ever at using the barehand to field the baseball

Yes it is just you.

I guess Craig Counsell is perhaps the best ever at using that f***ed up stance. Let's induct him.

Larkin is a better hitter than Visquel and a better baserunner. Vizquel gets a slight advantage defensively, but that's not enough.

Ozzie's and Vizquel's heyday is only 10 years apart. 

They were comparable offensive and defensive players.

Defense is defense, and compares throughout eras. Offense is not nearly the same. Beginning with the era of computer made balls, and continuing into the steroid era, along with the teacup strike zone, and the expansion era of watered down pitching, there is no comparision between Ozzies hitting and Omars hitting.

Offense is not nearly the same. Beginning with the era of computer made balls, and continuing into the steroid era, along with the teacup strike zone, and the expansion era of watered down pitching, there is no comparision between Ozzies hitting and Omars hitting

How many expansion teams have there been in less than 10 years that separate Omar and OzzE6? Again, their careers overlapped. Neither is a power hitter. Vizquel doesn't look like a roider. Are you telling me Visquel's strike zone is drastically different?

And OF COURSE it's fairly easy to compare them. OBP+, Slug+, etc. When it's all said and done, you have to outperform your CONTEMPORARIES. ERA of 3.00 is only very good because the league average is around 4.50. And so on.

Ozzie was a mediocre hitter by his day's standards and so is Vizquel. Both have longevity on their side. Both were excellent baserunners. And great defensive players.

I don't see why you couldn't compare them, regardless of whether or not they belong in HOF -- who knows what arbitrary induction standards the buggers at Cooperstown adhere to....