5 Good Minutes With Joe Borchard

Chisoxfn

5 Good Minutes With Joe Borchard

Interview Done by Alex Bozich

May 8, 2004

FutureSox.com

On Saturday May 8th, 2004, Alex Bozich interviewed White Sox outfield prospect Joe Borchard. Borchard become one of the most recognized names in the White Sox system after he was drafted in the 1st round of the 2000 draft out of the University of Stanford. He received a record $5.3 million signing bonus and is now just a level away from the big show.

An Interview With Joe Borchard

We at FutureSox, would like to thank Joe Borchard for taking time out of his day to do this interview and would also like to thank the Louisville Bats and Charlotte Knights for making this happen.

You need Real Audio to listen to this interview.

A free version of Real Player can be downloaded here.

Borchard was well spoken. He really seems like he has the personality to handle the pressure, but it's hard to tell. I really liked Maroon 5 in the background, lol. BTW, aboz, what did you use to record the interview?

Borchard was well spoken. He really seems like he has the personality to handle the pressure, but it's hard to tell. I really liked Maroon 5 in the background, lol. BTW, aboz, what did you use to record the interview?

Used a Panasonic digital voice recorder...

Borchard is a student of the game, and an incredibly smart guy outside of it. In all the years that I went to Soxfest, the year I watched his hitting clinic was by far the best seminar I have seen. As a Stanford guy, he is extremely intelligent.

my computer doesnt let me download things as of a few weeks ago (im sure i have a virus but norton doesnt find anything) and it doesnt open any files other than quicktime and mpeg/mpg files directly from the internet. So, could you keep these up for like a week so i can download them at home, just in case you were gonna take em down after a while. Thanks

my computer doesnt let me download things as of a few weeks ago (im sure i have a virus but norton doesnt find anything) and it doesnt open any files other than quicktime and mpeg/mpg files directly from the internet. So, could you keep these up for like a week so i can download them at home, just in case you were gonna take em down after a while. Thanks

go to Housecall at Trend Micro and click on the "Scan Now, It's Free" link. Choose United States in the location menu and click on Go......... When a certificate pops up asking if you trust Trend Micro, click yes........ It will update a few files and then give you the opportunity to scan your C drive. Check the box that says Auto Clean and then click on Scan.

This will scan your computer with the most recent virus definitions..... it will fix most viruses for you or tell you what to do if it cannot.

Trend Micro is a competitor of Symantec, which makes Norton. Many tech and IT guys I know prefer it over Norton. The scan is safe and will not hurt your computer.

go to Housecall at Trend Micro and click on the "Scan Now, It's Free" link.  Choose United States in the location menu and click on Go.........    When a certificate pops up asking if you trust Trend Micro, click yes........ It will update a few files and then give you the opportunity to scan your C drive.  Check the box that says Auto Clean and then click on Scan. 

This will scan your computer with the most recent virus definitions..... it will fix most viruses for you or tell you what to do if it cannot. 

Trend Micro is a competitor of Symantec, which makes Norton.  Many tech and IT guys I know prefer it over Norton.  The scan is safe and will not hurt your computer.

a certificate doesnt pop up, and the image in th emiddle of the page onlyshows a red 'x'