How good does Griffey Jr. look now?

BobDylan

if griffey's contract wasnt what it is i would be all for it.... but with him on the team we wouldnt be able to afford any other stud players and if he was in his prime we might of been able to of done it but now who knows.... i still think he can get his batting avg up as the season goes on but its just to risky with him being injured what 3 or 4 years in a row now.....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You said:

"I am sure it has nothing to do with Lee's, Konerko's, Crede's and Rowand's selfishness and stupidity..."

Have you ever played baseball Bran?

Why are they selfish and stupid just because they currently are having problems

hitting a baseball thrown at them 90 to 100 mph or bending like a boomerang?

p.s. I don't want Griffey.

He will get hurt again.

SIGN MAGGS!!!!!

if griffey's contract wasnt what it is i would be all for it.... but with him on the team we wouldnt be able to afford any other stud players and if he was in his prime we might of been able to of done it but now who knows.... i still think he can get his batting avg up as the season goes on but its just to risky with him being injured what 3 or 4 years in a row now.....

Agreed, but there are players the White Sox can get rid of for us to be able to afford this.

if griffey's contract wasnt what it is i would be all for it

If Griffey's contract wasn't like it was, do you think Cincinatti would want to get rid of him? :rolleyes:

Personally, I want an ace, a LH power hitter(not Everett-like numbers, I'm talking Delgado, Helton, Thome numbers), a closer, and then more pitching, in that order. It involves getting rid of Lee, possibly Konerko, and prospects.

Found this on Griffey Jr.,

Time will tell if Ken Griffey Jr. is truly reviving. Griffey took three called strikes in a recent pinch-hitting appearance against Brewers RHP Brooks Kieschnick with runners on first and third and one out. "He doesn't look like he enjoys himself," one G.M. says. "That fastball inside you would have been scared to death to throw him before, now you can get it in there on him." . . .

He has an 800 OPS. Jeremy Reed could give you that.

He is old.

He is brittle.

He is very, very expensive. 

Sox don't have the money.

Sox need an ace pitcher

Sox need a lead-off hitter'

Sox need a closer.

That argument you made is unf***withable.

Very nicely put.

I can't see anything about the prospect of getting Griffey that would justify 66.5 million of the Sox always in short supply payroll dollars, let alone the players they'd have to give up to make such a deal.

Griffey was a great player in his day, but that day has passed. There are better, younger, cheaper players out there that the Sox could spend that $66.5 Million on.

Carlos Lee will justify the money that KW "gave" him, Konerko will not.

I think if we can get an average to above-average player for PK, we ought to ship his ass a.s.a.p.

You make the value trade here. Trade whoever you can get the better value out of.

The original question: how does Grifey look now...

my answer: like a piece of s***.

Does my answer depend on whether we sweep or are swept by the Blue Jays? Not in the least.

No one on the Sox is as undependable as Mr. DL.

Griffey is a person with a bad attitude and a poor team ethic and horribly injury prone and there is not a thing that he would add to the Sox but a lot he would subtract from the Sox.

If we lost every game the rest of the season, there is still no way in hell we would be better with Grifffey in a Sox uniform.