The predictions have gotta stop

CSF

All week I kept hearing on the radio and other websites "Oh, we should sweep this team". That's our problem right there. Just like the NFL has the saying "On any given Sunday", the same can be said for MLB. The Sox shouldn't take teams like the Blue Jays for granted anymore. "Easy" teams like the Blue Jays and the Tigers are gonna be the ones that hand this team their asses more than anybody else. In 162 games, there are no "given" wins. In many ways, getting swept may have been a positive thing. The Sox have been humbled, and should be ready to do the little things to get back on the winning track. The Sox also need to keep in mind that while this weekend, they get their first showdown with the Twins, don't think the O's won't know that as well. The last thing this team needs is to sleepwalk against Baltimore prior to the series with Minnesota. They need to be agressive with Baltimore and use it as a catapult towards the Minnesota series. But most importantly, every game is a potential win or loss.........

Unless Paul Abbott, Javier Vazquez, or Cory Lidle are pitching. Then we're doomed. :P

All week I kept hearing on the radio and other websites "Oh, we should sweep this team".  That's our problem right there.  Just like the NFL has the saying "On any given Sunday", the same can be said for MLB.  The Sox shouldn't take teams like the Blue Jays for granted anymore.  "Easy" teams like the Blue Jays and the Tigers are gonna be the ones that hand this team their asses more than anybody else.  In 162 games, there are no "given" wins.  In many ways, getting swept may have been a positive thing.  The Sox have been humbled, and should be ready to do the little things to get back on the winning track.  The Sox also need to keep in mind that while this weekend, they get their first showdown with the Twins, don't think the O's won't know that as well.  The last thing this team needs is to sleepwalk against Baltimore prior to the series with Minnesota.  They need to be agressive with Baltimore and use it as a catapult towards the Minnesota series.  But most importantly, every game is a potential win or loss.........
Preach!!! :headbang

It is bad karma.  After the first couple of games i told my friends that they would never get shut out.  THAT NIGHT, they got shut out.  game by game...

Tell me about it. The 1st day of the last homestand, Mariotti was saying on his stupid radio show how the Sox should easily take this series against a battered Yankees squad. I got a bad feeling when he made that idiotic prediction. 2 losses later.....

Yet another reason to hate Kotex Boy. :fyou

Sox have not been able to take advantage of lower tier teams for 4 years now. We manage to get up for many of the big series' (unless they're out on the west coast), and then fail to steamroll the teams we should be able to make hay against (Sorry for the mixed metaphor).

Sox have not been able to take advantage of lower tier teams for 4 years now.  We manage to get up for many of the big series' (unless they're out on the west coast), and then fail to steamroll the teams we should be able to make hay against (Sorry for the mixed metaphor).

Those are badly mixed metaphors and my mind is stunned.

I have lived in farm country for many year now and never seen steam rolled hay!

:lol:

I hate haying though. I am very good at it but I hate it. Nobody much does it anymore manually like they used to. But no one gets up for it. ;)

Sox have not been able to take advantage of lower tier teams for 4 years now.  We manage to get up for many of the big series' (unless they're out on the west coast), and then fail to steamroll the teams we should be able to make hay against (Sorry for the mixed metaphor).

Yep, and that's why KW has got to start thinking about breaking up the core of this team. This combination of players isn't getting it done. Call it chemistry, a correct balance of talents, whatever, but the more I see this team this year, the more I see the team from last year, and before that, etc. Solo home runs, nobody hits to the opposite field, can't move runners along, stupid baserunning mistakes. Lee, Konerko, Maggs, Thomas, Valentin, a few of these guys have got to go. Next year at least two will be gone, maybe that will be enough.

I dont agree with that..

Just because someone says "We should sweep these guys" and then WE get swept, its not because of a prediction..

We havent been playing great baseball and the Blue Jays have, bottom line.. Thats all you can put towards the sweep.. Just gotta hope we get our s*** straight and get back on track..

Yep, and that's why KW has got to start thinking about breaking up the core of this team.  This combination of players isn't getting it done.  Call it chemistry, a correct balance of talents, whatever, but the more I see this team this year, the more I see the team from last year, and before that, etc.  Solo home runs, nobody hits to the opposite field, can't move runners along, stupid baserunning mistakes.  Lee, Konerko, Maggs, Thomas, Valentin, a few of these guys have got to go.  Next year at least two will be gone, maybe that will be enough.

Haha....you're kidding right?

I've already seen a drastic improvement in small ball thanks to Ozzie this year. So we sucked in Toronto, big deal! Nothing was working in Toronto, s*** we couldn't even get a sacrafice bunt down.

Baseball is like that, we're going to get swept. In 2000 we won 95 games and were swept by the Royals at Kauffman that year. We probably got swept in another series. All I know is that we have 132 more games left. Now is not the time to give up.

CWSOX45