UK answer to teen pregnancy . . .

Texsox

You f*** in the butt, and then you get STD's.

You hear me?!  Don't f*** a girl in the butt that you don't know.  Got it? 

In fact, just don't f*** a girl you don't know.

am I the only one that is completely disturbed or at least immensely interested in this guys story?

yes? no?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't trust the pussy, why are you f***ing the pussy?

--Sam Kinison

:headbang  :headbang

Don't we all know abstinence education is the only way to go?  By completely denying the existence of sex drives, kids obviously won't have sex....Right?

*sigh*

yeah...of course. How about just saying, there are thousands of abortions, babies up for adoption, and teen pregnancies in this country, you're too young to be sticking your dick in that girl. Have some respect for yourself, respect for women, and respect for the possible child you're trying to avoid having.

how about realizing that this country needs a hammer sized hit to the head of self-control and responsibility. Abstinence can work if you're mature enough to admit your own inadequacies to handle the responsibilty.

have we even discussed the adultry and/or divorce epidemic in the nation?

lose the green dude

*sigh*

yeah...of course.  How about just saying, there are thousands of abortions, babies up for adoption, and teen pregnancies in this country, you're too young to be sticking your dick in that girl. Have some respect for yourself, respect for women, and respect for the possible child you're trying to avoid having.

how about realizing that this country needs a hammer sized hit to the head of self-control and responsibility. Abstinence can work if you're mature enough to admit your own inadequacies to handle the responsibilty.

have we even discussed the adultry and/or divorce epidemic in the nation?

lose the green dude

Abstinance-only "education" does not cut it today pure and simple, PA. Other than that, I concur with everything in your post. And please note, no green...

Don't we all know abstinence education is the only way to go? By completely denying the existence of sex drives, kids obviously won't have sex....Right?

No, 12-year-olds giving group-head is just a healthy part of coming-of-age.

It's definately not symptomatic of grave personal/social ills.

:puke

PA, I found this article by Naomi Ninneman who explains a lot of it about the shortcomings of abstinence only education.

Abstinence-only education has been in the news recently. In his State of the Union address, President Bush proposed doubling federal funding for it. But many people are surprised when they find out what the "only" in "abstinence-only" really means.

It means, under the federal regulations governing these programs, that educators are prohibited from telling students that condoms can prevent pregnancy and HIV/AIDS.

They cannot discuss the facts even when talking to sexually active teens who are at high risk of contracting HIV. According to these guidelines, condoms and other forms of contraception can only be discussed to emphasize their failure rates. Some programs, for example, provide students with two lists: one of diseases they can get when having unprotected sex and another of diseases they can get when using a condom. The lists are the same. Both include HIV, but the fact that condoms are roughly 96 percent effective in preventing the spread of this disease is nowhere to be found.

This marks a radical departure from traditional sex education, which focuses on a comprehensive approach to preventing teen pregnancy, HIV, and other sexually transmitted diseases. It also makes abstinence-only programs dangerous.

Perhaps that is why, despite the backing of President Bush, recent polls show that only 15 percent of Americans favor the abstinence-only approach. But do the programs work?

It's not easy to answer that question definitively, since no effort has been made at the federal level to rigorously evaluate their effectiveness. The Department of Health and Human Services hired Mathematica Policy Research Inc. in the late 1990s to complete a federal assessment but directed researchers to evaluate only 11 handpicked programs, instead of a random sample of the hundreds of federally funded programs. Further, Mathematica's soon-to-be-released interim report will not evaluate any of the programs for behavioral change. In other words, it won't tell us whether these programs are leading kids to have less sex or more sex, or whether that is affecting rates of pregnancy and infection.

Meanwhile, studies that looked at behavioral change have produced results that are hardly reassuring.

In Minnesota, for example, a recent study of the state's abstinence-only program, Education Now and Babies Later, found that sexual activity among participating students doubled between 2001 and 2002 and that the number who said they would probably have sex during high school nearly doubled, as well.

In 2001, researchers at Columbia University found that, although a limited number of students who signed so-called "virginity pledges" delayed sexual activity for more than a year, they were also one-third less likely to use protection when they did have sex -- a massive failure from a public health perspective. This year, the same researchers found that students who signed the pledges contracted sexually transmitted diseases at roughly the same rate as students who did not.

In the public health community, this raises serious concerns about why the federal government is spending millions of dollars on programs that have not been proven effective. It is even more disturbing, given the research findings on comprehensive sex education programs. Numerous rigorous, peer-reviewed studies have demonstrated that these programs help teens delay sexual activity, use contraceptives when they do become sexually active, and reduce their number of partners.

Here's more info.

Yes, “total abstinence” has a failure rate of zero. Abstinence education sounds good on paper. The problem is that those who promise themselves total abstinence often end up practicing periodic abstinence or unprotected sex. It is not fair to compare the failure rate of condom use with that of theoretical abstinence. To make a valid comparison, we must compare actual results in practice. Dr. Clara Haignere of the Department of Health Studies at Temple University has done research on the failure rate of theoretical abstinence. Based on her empirical study, she found evidence which suggests that the abstinence user-failure rate to be around 45%. (Source: http://apha.confex.com/apha/130am/techprog...paper_49955.htm )

In March, George W. Bush asked Congress to grant him $135 million for abstinence-only education. It is interesting to note that such program was what Bush oversaw when he was governor of Texas. The results did not lend credence to what he preaches. During Bush’s term as governor, Texas ranked 49th out of 50 states in terms of teen births among 15-19 year-old females and a dead last in the decline of teen birth rates among 15-17 year olds. It should also be noted that the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy did a study in 2001 on abstinence-only programs. It found no significant impact of such education program on the teens’ initiation of or frequency of sex. Such finding led The American Medical Association, American Pediatrics Association and the National Academy of Science to oppose abstinence-only education.

Your ideas that people need responsibility don't fall on deaf ears with me but abstinence only education the way it has been and is being instituted doesn't have positive effects in ending sexual problems.

APU,

Just one ray of light on the Texas stats. As everyone recalls from Junior High Civics by virtue of being born on US soil, a person becomes a US citizen. Not so surprisingly, many young mothers begin labor while visiting the US along the border. Poor, many times unwed mothers, can receive services and have their babies be US citizens if they are here.

There are two areas of immigration. Both countries allow visists in a relatively barrow band along the border (about 20 miles). You can pretty much come and go for shopping, visiting friends, etc. You are not allowed to work or stay longer than X weeks or months. I'm not certain how long we allow Mexicans to stay, I do know it is much shorter than we allow Canadians (gee, why is that?).

So birth stats are not so cut and dried when evaluating sex education and other programs in Texas. I would imagine New Mexico, Arizona, and California have similar issues.

Thats totally not true. Oral and regular sex u can get them from too.

Amazing.. utterly amazing. :banghead

During Bush’s term as governor, Texas ranked 49th out of 50 states in terms of teen births among 15-19 year-old females and a dead last in the decline of teen birth rates among 15-17 year olds

Apu, I totally recognize your information on abstinence-only education, and I can say that I've heard/read that before, so it doesn't surprise me. However, looking at this post I can only ask, have you ever been to Texas? I'm from up north and most of my friends (I'm 24 this month) are just now figuring out marriage, etc, where as, my friends down here are already engaged, newlyweds, or have been married for 2-3 years. People just start earlier down south. I don't think there's the same stigma about finishing school, etc. (probably because school isn't something alot of these kids' parents ever did.) So I'm talking like juniors in college being married, and I know another couple married at 18. With that being said, the Father's of this nation and the mother's of this nation have failed each generation of offspring. Responsibility needs to be taught, Respect needs to be exceeded, and women need to be honored as the baby factories and cleaning machines they are ;) kidding.

Out of curiousity does Texas birth rate include illegal aliens or not? I know because of the law automatically giving citizenship to babies born on American soil, it is common practice to migrate illegally, and then try to have kids that way they have citizenship, and it gives the parents a good case to become citizens because their kids are.

Something like that wouldn't be changed by elementary/junior high school progams

Out of curiousity does Texas birth rate include illegal aliens or not?  I know because of the law automatically giving citizenship to babies born on American soil, it is common practice to migrate illegally, and then try to have kids that way they have citizenship, and it gives the parents a good case to become citizens because their kids are. 

Something like that wouldn't be changed by elementary/junior high school progams

My understanding is the birth rates are determined by where the mother delivers. So to keep this easy at first. An Illinois mom is visiting Indiana and gives birth, it is in the Indiana stats because that is where the birth certificate will be issued.

Same thing internationaly. Stella is in Chicago visiting from Poland and gives birth. A birth certificate is issued in Chicago, the birth is counted in Chicago's numbers, baby has (probably) dual citizenship. Some countries will not recognize dual citizenships.

As far as looking for ways to immigrate and obtain US citizenship, it isn't quite that simple. Believe it or not, not many are that interested in moving to the US, let alone getting citizenship. Many are looking to earn money, send it home, and eventually move back home.

Around here there are a lot of first, second, and third generation families. They grew up spending 5 or 6 months on the road, 7 days a week, in the fields from sun up to sun down for a couple dollars an hour. They would pay high prices for squalled living conditions close to the fields. Entire families would be out there picking. I won't even start discussing the scams and racism they faced. But even with all that, it was better than their opportunity in Mexico.

For those that want US citizenship, marriage is a popular route. Google mail order brides and order up every shade of human from around the globe. Russians were popular for a while. Here on the border, I am far funnier and better looking as soon as I cross the river. At one place I was consulting, a very attractive 20 something kept hitting on me until she found out I was married. ;)

And in reply to another post. I've begun to lie about my age. I'm telling everyone I'm 55. I look damn good for 55. For 43 I look like hell :lol:

I was just curious cause some posts sounded like they were from teens and I was wondering their perspective.  Since it isn't as far back a stretch in the memory for them.  :D

to be honest, oral sex was pretty common when I was in junior high and high school. I never had sex because I didn't want the responsibility and was at least saving that much for my future wife, but messed around alot with that stuff...apparently girls are more okay with that these days. I don't think they've learned the value of their purity, nor do we as men respect that at all.

to be honest, oral sex was pretty common when I was in junior high and high school. I never had sex because I didn't want the responsibility and was at least saving that much for my future wife, but messed around alot with that stuff...apparently girls are more okay with that these days. I don't think they've learned the value of their purity, nor do we as men respect that at all.

Either I was more of a square than I thought I was or things have changed tons in the last 15 years. The guys talked about it regularly in 7th and 8th grade, but most of the girls didn't. Almost makes me rethink wanting kids.

Either I was more of a square than I thought I was or things have changed tons in the last 15 years.  The guys talked about it regularly in 7th and 8th grade, but most of the girls didn't.  Almost makes me rethink wanting kids.

I am sooooo glad I have a son, not a daughter.